Recent content by juliewot

  1. J

    THR One week post op

    @Layla Life is amazing!!! I’ve been released from the surgeon until my one year follow up! I’m back to work full time...so much happier and such a better therapist without the pain! Just took my first vacation in 3+ years and had a blast! Truly life changing surgery for me!
  2. J

    THR One week post op

    @Layla I’m amazed how much I can do! Back to wort full time last Wednesday. Tiring but all’s good!
  3. J

    THR One week post op

    Haven’t been on much...cause I’m feeling fantastic! Working 6 hours a day and no longer need the cane! Loving life again!!!!
  4. J

    THR One week post op

    @hbl I have gabapentin but rarely take it anymore. And since that post no more night sweats! But I’ll keep that in mind!
  5. J

    THR One week post op

    So I’m now 6 1/2 weeks post op! Went back to work part time this week...4 hrs a day. Big accomplishment this week was getting on and off the floor with ease!!! Walking without my cane when home....still use it when out for security. People said it would change my life and it has...
  6. J

    THR One week post op

    So, now I’m just over 4 weeks post op! Yeah! Feeling so much better! Walking pretty well without a cane in the house...still using it out and about. I’m going back to work 3/20....and have devised a plan with my PT and surgeon due the nature of my job ..in and out houses working with babies...
  7. J

    THR One week post op

    So an update to my last post... I’ve had good and bad days. I am trying to celebrate the little things. I actually went to the grocery store for a few items and walked! First time since in a year and a half! I was tired when I got home but it felt good. Just trying to not dwell on the what...
  8. J

    THR One week post op

    I really think I need to work on patience, lol. I’m a vey independent single woman with two kids. One still at home. Used to working 40+ hours a week. Thanks to all the positive responses!
  9. J

    THR One week post op

    So you all have been so helpful to me and my recovery! When does this feeling of depression go away? I keep thinking it’s getting better, but then I’m struggling again. I’m generally a happy person, but right now I’m edgy, emotional, weepy, etc. any help would be awesome!
  10. J

    THR One week post op

    I thought about that. It could be... that’s all I need given recovering from surgery;) @Layla
  11. J

    THR One week post op

    So it’s been a good week. But sleeping is an issue. Now getting night sweats...the past two nights. Started back with PT today and all went well. They are patient and don’t push if I cannot do what they ask! Think it helps I work in the therapy works! Makes a difference when you know your...
  12. J

    THR One week post op

    Good news! Surgeon is pleased with my progress! Out of work one more month. Cleared to drive. Finally some freedom:)
  13. J

    THR One week post op

    Hoping the slowing drainage is a good sign! Anxious to see surgeon tomorrow! I can’t say anything bad about him! It was quite a bit more complicated than originally expected but he’s checked on me and been completely upfront! Fingers crossed for good news!!!
  14. J

    THR One week post op

    @Jaycey thank you. Even though I’m an occupational therapist, I’ve never been in this position. Honestly since it started draining this morning I’ve felt so much better! Haven’t taken any pain meds today, that’s how good I feel.
  15. J

    THR One week post op

    So this is normal? @Jaycey
Back
Top Bottom