I live in the beautiful village of Mendocino, on California's north coast with my husband Glenn, who has Parkinson's. I have been postponing surgery on my knees so that I can keep the household going for both of us. While his illness has been progressing, unfortunately so has mine and replacement surgery is now the only option. I am 77, which sounds ancient, but I still work, in Internet marketing with my partner who lives in Paris. I must admit to feeling discouraged and depressed as I face these health challenges.
My first TKR is on Setmber 23. I am at this point almost bedridden as the pain of walking and standing is now just too much. Clearly I waited too long but my primary doc discouraged me from having the surgery and my ortho doc saying it was now my only option unless I want to remain an invalid. The conflict had to be resolved and my reg doc came around when he really saw my condition.
I like the tenor of this group, encouraging, positive thinking, although realistic, a nice balance.
RTKR September 23, 2013
RTKR Sept. 23, 2013
LTKR March 17, 2014