Recent content by Jshepherd

  1. J

    I'm pregnant!

    Thanks so much ladies :) great to have positive support, sadly i know my mothers response willbe that of negativity :( but nevermind. Will indeed keep you updated and I expect my surgeon will give me some advice as how to minimize any effects if there are any on the new joint.
  2. J

    I'm pregnant!

    Tried to post on my original post but cant seem to? I had a thr on the right side on July 10th everything has been pretty much fine since, until now.... I have just discovered im pregnant !! Its very very early stages and i know a lot could happen before 12 weeks but will this be really bad for...
  3. J

    Infections

    Please can someone tell me about infections after thr? I think I have eaten something bad and have had a really upset stomach since yesterday, I am worried about infections and don't know what's ok and not ok I. Terms of effecting my new joint. Is there some info explaining what illness/...
  4. J

    THR Here I am

    Thanks everyone, a little update. Knee is feeling a lot less sore, hoorah! My hip is fine, leg easing up a bit can feel more movement, although need to do more exercises on it. Taking my dressing off later... Any tips? Feels a bit sore still no idea what it will be like under the dressing. My...
  5. J

    THR Here I am

    Anyone else suffered knee pain. Mine hurts a lot, discovered bruising at the back of it and even with my meds it's sore, hard to bend and infact th only thing really causing me any problems.
  6. J

    THR Here I am

    It's just over a week since the op, I have mixed feelings about it. Cross that there was a mix up with then me'Ds when I left and I was only on paracetamol and in considerable pain or three days until I sorted it out. I am surprized h ow much my knee hurts, very bruised at the back and sorest...
  7. J

    THR Here I am

    Thank everyone just had a moment as not had much sleep and finally dozed off to be woken up by my mother crashing around in the kitchen grrrrrrr Josephine to double check I should also have taken the Panadol with the codedine ? I didn't so haven't noticed any kind of relief, think I will take...
  8. J

    THR Here I am

    Thanks Alex the cat, the most relief i have is when I am standing up or moving around. I'm not sure if I'm winging but it doesn't. Seem like much for pain relief they did say its a case of either being a bit sore but no side effects or not sore but feeling unwell! Seems a little u fair that I am...
  9. J

    THR Here I am

    Ps they have given me a codeine med by mistake which I have brought home, think they made the prescription before they adjusted my meds I'm not sure if I have taken this in the hospital or not as I seemed to try a lot of things. Am wondering if I tried half at night before bed! Or would it not...
  10. J

    THR Here I am

    I had a thr on 10th July came home yesterday. I has a few problems with the pain ,eds they tried in hospital, so I am only on paracetamol and ibrobrufen, it doesn't seem stronger enough and I am. Of getting much sleep and waking up at 5am/6am after getting to sleep at midnight ish. I am saving...
  11. J

    THR Here I am

    Had an ok first day, second morning was tough with the meds all seem to strong for me felt very dizzy, sick ect gave me something then found it hard to breathe! Bit scary sorted out with so oxygen. So now only on paracetamol and anti inflammatory. Got up late afternoon once all the woozeness had...
  12. J

    THR Here I am

    On the other side .... Hard to write but I'm here
  13. J

    Worried....

    Ok update .... Have spoken to my surgeon and he ensures me we are talking 14mm not 40mm as I was lead to believe, he told me he couldn't make it 3 or 4 inches different if he tried. So feelin much better about that, obviously I expect a little difference but not a hug one. My op is tomorrow I...
  14. J

    Worried....

    Thanks Josephine that's interesting, he did not measure with any tape measure or such just looked at me sitting down and visually saw from my hip to my knee section was longer on the right side. He did mention something about the right side hip being at an angle perhaps a tilt as you mention...
  15. J

    Worried....

    Hi, I am having a THR on the right side, due to hip dysplasia. Anyway saw an orthopedist doc at 22 who took xrays showed significant deformity of hip. Last summer saw specialist in UK and arranged op for this summer. Doc didn't note the length difference in initial meeting, only a few days ago...
Back
Top Bottom