Recent content by Jrose

  1. Jrose

    TKR Diane's TKR Adventure

    I'll be 3 weeks post-op on Monday (8/19/22), in general how long should I be able to stand? I know everyone is different in recovery, but is it normal to only be able to stand for a few minutes without starting to feel pain? I'm probably being paranoid or something. LOL
  2. Jrose

    TKR Diane's TKR Adventure

    So, I forgot to do an intro post. My knee problems are all in my right knee. I was diagnosed with Osteochondritis Dissecans in 2002. (The blood flow doesn't get to the end of my femur, so the bone/cartilage slowly died off.) I had 2 surgeries to try to stimulate blood flow. When they didn't...
  3. Jrose

    TKR Diane's TKR Adventure

    Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to try the pillow and the box ideas. I'm also going to move the seat closer, I'm short - 5'1" - so maybe that will help too. It may make it easier to rest my foot on something.
  4. Jrose

    TKR Diane's TKR Adventure

    I am 2 weeks post TKR surgery. I have been OK'd by my doctor to take ~20 minute car rides to see my mom so long as I am the passenger (of course). I am looking for advice/ideas on how I can ride more comfortably in the front passenger seat. I have tried putting/resting my foot on a bottle...
Back
Top Bottom