Recent content by Joy77

  1. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    Day 5 - The mornings are the worse for me. Must be because of the semi-stillness through the night. I do get up every four hours to take my 10 mg of Percocet then slowly maneuver to the bathroom, then back to bed. Such a seemily simple process is like wading through quicksand with knives in...
  2. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    Hi @sistersinhim ... How do I feel.. hmm .. well the bridge of my nose hursts. It hurts to wear my glasses but I need them to see so I wear them. I have scabs on my upper lip, side of my nose, top of my nose and my left arm. I have a black eye and the bruise if moving down my face turning to a...
  3. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    Hi @Jockette! Thanks for the information. It’s a good reminder of what to follow and how to manage my recovery. Hi @DLR .. My first knee is holding up very well. I feel much more stable. I have little to no pain in my first surgical knee. I continue to baby it a little but I’m also letting...
  4. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    Hi Spex... yes.. that’s what I keep telling myself... “only 4 months from now...”. I keep focusing on the goal. Overall, I was somewhat looking forward to getting my right knee replaced. I was excited about the goal but know how painful it would be and the work that was ahead of me. But...
  5. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    Hi all! I’m back after having TLKR done 6 months ago! This past Monday, February 18, 2019, I had a RTKR done. I’m on day 3 post op. I’m so happy to have had both knees done and looking forward to my goal of being able to walk with little to no pain. At 4 months post op I realized my left...
  6. Joy77

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    Hi Hegel, For the swelling remember to keep your leg elevated - your toes higher than your nose. Did they send you home with any pain medication? Kaiser was pretty generous with the pain meds for me. This early on you need to be sure and sleep when you can, elevate, keep icing, take the pain...
  7. Joy77

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    Hi Hegel, I use the same cryo cuff that you do as I had my TKR done through Kaiser as well. It’s great that they give us all such a nice cooling machine to keep. I’m not sure what you mean when you say “I use frozen tubs of ice, not straight ice”. You mean you fill the tub with ice cubes...
  8. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    One thing I forgot to mention is that over the last two weeks I’ve been focusing on anti-inflammatory foods. One think, in particular, is that I make an anti-inflammatory smoothie and drink it several times a week. Besides the anti-inflammatory benefits, it keeps me very “regular” and helps...
  9. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    Thanks @Jockette I know I’ll have less pain it’s just that it’s difficult for me to sit back and relax. Don’t get me wrong.. I do have lots of sitting, icing and elevating. But then I begin to get stir crazy and need to do something. But I also think it’s this getting back to my normal...
  10. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    One Month Post Surgery - update Walker - I don’t use my walker at all. Cane - I use the cane minimally. Generally at home I don’t use it. Occasionally when my leg feels tired I’ll use it but that’s not very often. I will use it when I’m going someplace and don’t know what to expect about the...
  11. Joy77

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Silvernail02 it sounds like you have your system down and know what works for you. That’s such a great feeling to make progress and it seems your numbers are showing that. Continue to be in charge of your treatment and do what you feel is best for you. Each day is another day toward your goal...
  12. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    @Jockette thanks for sharing how you use your wedge. Mine doesn’t have a trough.. it’s one piece but it does have a slight bend for the knee. I’ve attached a photo. I guess it doesn’t matter if I put one or two legs on it... it’s whatever is comfortable. I really like the bend it has. And...
  13. Joy77

    TKR Joy's Recovery thread<

    @sistersinhim I have a question for you and for anyone with a Lounge Doctor. My Lounge Doctor finally arrived which seemed to take forever to get here via Amazon. It wasn’t any longer than usual it was just I wanted it! Lol. For leg elevation, I tried stacking pillows but that didn’t work...
  14. Joy77

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    @Silvernail02 It’s such a strange feeling to have dead weight with our leg. But it sounds like you are managing it well and doing common sense exercises to work the quad without creating pain. That’s great you can raise it easily now! I can’t do the leg lifts either. What I do is I keep...
  15. Joy77

    TKR Back Pain<

    Hi @littlesis I had LTKR almost 3 weeks ago and I’ve had lots of low back pain. I meant to ask my Dr about it yesterday and forgot. I was thinking it’s because I’m carrying myself differently - meaning my weight distribution has changed and/or it’s because I was in bed so much the first...
Back
Top Bottom