Recent content by jollygirl

  1. J

    Going to do it..........who wants to join me for dance lessons after?

    Please, don't you dare leave me out lovetocook&sew! Making the decision to have tkr was easier when I realized my dancing days were over. I spent my teen years dancing like a maniac and since I graduated high school in 1974, I'm no stranger to a "Soul Train" line...you can "you tube" it if you...
  2. J

    Finally got a "date"...now I'm ready for the prom!

    thanks, Bottomshollo! That pillow cost too much, gotta make it work! Will try your suggestion & report back
  3. J

    Finally got a "date"...now I'm ready for the prom!

    QUESTION: just got my wedge pillow. Its just like the one (#2 with the green check mark on Josephine's elevation thread) Their website makes it look so comfortable. I can barely stand 5 minutes before my leg starts to scream. Is this something I'll just have to get "used" to? I find the position...
  4. J

    Finally got a "date"...now I'm ready for the prom!

    To Roy: BTKR sounds a bit too scary "recoverywise" for this old girl! I don't know if I could manage. Having surg #2 3 months later sounds just fine to me. I'll be well along on leg #1 and can be "finished" completely by next summer....at least that's the plan :ok:
  5. J

    Finally got a "date"...now I'm ready for the prom!

    Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Josephine I've read just about all you've included. Can't get enough tips & suggestions, thanks. Today I finished all my pre-op stuff. OS says I'll likely be getting the Zimmer "Persona". He seems to think it 'll work well for me (something about coming in...
  6. J

    Finally got a "date"...now I'm ready for the prom!

    Aug. 21st will be the start of my journey on the road to "Painfreeness". I'm actually looking forward to my RTKR surgery more as each day passes (countdown: 4 weeks & 6 days!) Realizing how much the constant pain has negatively changed my personality saddens me & is the #1 reason I finally...
  7. J

    August Hot Shots 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in August?

    Move over, crazy4yoga, kar1963 and snorkelgrl...I'm joining ya! My RTKR is scheduled for Wed. Aug 21st and I couldn't be more thrilled! (I was supposed to do this July 21, 2012 and chickened out, too bad I didn't find y'all last year!!) I feel so confident everything will go well with so much...
Back
Top Bottom