Recent content by JoeyRamone

  1. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    Thursday was 6 weeks postop. I celebrated by going to PT for the first time, still on my cane. The dr was not familiar with the superPATH/supercap approach. My summary of having had my piriformis removed from bone and then sutured back on, glute max fascia sutured, and hip capsule sutured led...
  2. J

    THR Trailrunner's recovery

    Glad the PT went well! I went today for the first time too after an unexpectedly long day at work. Your comment about it being hard to concentrate captured it perfectly - I have felt so brain dead trying to keep up with work and could not figure out why I was so slow by the afternoon. I hope...
  3. J

    THR Trailrunner's recovery

    I‘m 2 days behind you and am also starting PT this week. I’ve struggled more with walking longer distances, but ROM is generally ok. I’m not able to walk without a limp when I’m not using the cane though. I also have travel in early July - back to back meetings that mean I’ll be gone for about 2...
  4. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    Thanks, @Sohowarrior! I found this group through other sites on the internet. I have read about the debate about running post surgery. A big part of the reason I went with my surgeon is because he encourages a return to whatever activities people were doing before their joints stopped them. My...
  5. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    Week 3 - I used the stairs! We have a dozen steps from the house into the backyard and I was able to go out into the yard to start week 3. I switched from walker to cane over a few days, was fully on the cane by the end of the week. I also had more meetings for work this week. Longer days stuck...
  6. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    Hi! I’ve spent more time working than expected so have not had the energy to post follow ups here. I know reading others’ stories has been helpful and will try to catch up but will spread this over a couple of posts so it’s not too long. Second half of week 1 postop: bad. I had stopped taking...
  7. J

    THR Trailrunner's recovery

    The nights are rough for me too. Day 5 here and once I get past the nausea in the morning, things go ok through the evening. Then I’m just uncomfortable, STARVING, and get frustrated every time I knock stuff off the table the the floor and can’t easily get it. I am definitely not cooking or...
  8. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    Thank you! I happened to have the onadestron already for migraines and it was helpful but I’ve never had to take so much before for an effect. Much, much better today after over 24 hours with no narcotics in terms of nausea and bathroom issues! Only minimal additional soreness with fewer drugs...
  9. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    @benne68, yes, sorry that wasn’t clearer, my legs are elevated when I’m not up. I’m either in the bed with them up when I’m not on my side or on the couch that is also zero gravity. I’m icing most of the time too so that helps. biggest problems on day 3 have been a lot of nausea and not able to...
  10. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    Wow! Yes! This was me! They had some heater tube going under all of the blankets and they stuck something between my teeth too. It was wild. I saw your comment about the lounge doctor too. I looked at that but am fortunate that we have an adjustable bed, so I’ve just been elevating my legs...
  11. J

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    I made it to the other side! Surgery was scheduled for 230pm on Thursday, April 25 and everything was right on time at the outpatient surgical center. As someone who had this as their first surgery other than wisdom teeth over 30 years ago, I am going to go into excessive detail here. Day 0...
  12. J

    THR Surgery scheduled for next week, have never had surgery before

    @Law thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am really freaked out by the spinal, so I will be hopeful that I don’t remember that part. I’ve made comments a few times to the surgeon that I’m pretty anxious about it and he was reassuring, so my anxiety is no secret. I debated staying...
  13. J

    THR Surgery scheduled for next week, have never had surgery before

    Thank you all for the helpful replies! @mendogal - adding the ice packs I ordered a few months ago to the list of things to pack for the trip home, thats a great idea! @Caison113, so good to hear that the surgeries were unquestionably worth it. Part of my worry is the typical one that this will...
  14. J

    THR Surgery scheduled for next week, have never had surgery before

    This is helpful, thank you! They have given me a similar outline for the day. One of my concerns is that’s it’s a surgical center so if something does not go as planned, I’ll need to be transferred to a hospital and admitted overnight. The dr has strongly recommended to take only tramadol if...
  15. J

    THR Surgery scheduled for next week, have never had surgery before

    I’m scheduled to have my right hip replaced next week, direct superior (superpath) approach, ceramic on ceramic, outpatient in a surgical center. I’ve done a lot of reading here in the past few days after seeing references in the Reddit sub and the Hip Runners group in fb. Everything I’ve found...
Back
Top Bottom