Recent content by Joanne58

  1. J

    TKR Joannefazio58 has crossed over

    I am now 30 days post op. I was just released from in home therapy and will start out patient therapy on Tuesday, 2/23. I have been trying to cut down on my meds. 1/2 pill every 5 hours during the day with a full pill at bedtime. My question is how much meds should I take for pt session. Was...
  2. J

    TKR Joannefazio58 has crossed over

    Question: I am using a cpm machine. I am supposed to increase knee bend regularly. I started at 45 degrees. Was able to go to 60. Now back at 48 with discomfort. I am 5 days out and I am hearing that my rom should be much better. I am not able to bend my leg without help. I cannot lift my leg...
  3. J

    TKR Joannefazio58 has crossed over

    I am using the ice machine and the cpm machine. My husband set up a chair in the shower which is a walk in shower. I was able to stand up full weight bearing to blow dry my hair. Recovery is challenging but doable. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
  4. J

    TKR Can't get any flexion

    Donnab, I am having the same issue as you. My rom is only 60-65. I was up to 85 in hospital but now it is inflamed and swollen. I cannot lift leg off the couch on my own. Hubby slowly eases it down to floor. I can then use my walker to get where I want to go. 3 days post op. Feeling sad. Pain in...
  5. J

    TKR Joannefazio58 has crossed over

    Thanks guys. It is my understanding that they do 6 days per week intensive program at home in lieu of rehab center. I had my first pt today and though I am sore, the PT was very cautious with me and didn't force me to overdue it. Custardcup, the staff at the hospital are all fantastic. They...
  6. J

    TKR Joannefazio58 has crossed over

    Good morning!! My knee replacement surgery was Monday, 1/18. Surgery went well. I had an epidural and a nerve block. I was also catheterized. With the epidural, I was able to push every 10 minutes for pain meds. I started my pt while I was still in pacu. I did a few steps with the walker. Once...
  7. J

    TKR Tammy's new knee

    Congratulations!!! Sorry to hear your recovery started out so rough, but happy to hear the hospital staff has gotten it under control. rtkr January 18, 2016
  8. J

    Last day with the "old" knee!

    Snowdrops the very best of luck to you. You will be in my prayers. Can't wait to hear how it went after you crossed over!! rtkr January 18, 2016
  9. J

    TKR at Hospital for Special Surgery in NY

    Salsera if you don't mind me asking, how long was your stay?? rtkr January 18, 2016
  10. J

    How much at home PT post op

    Kneeper I will have to clarify to be clear. Discharge planner sounded very young and inexperienced. I'm second guessing rtkr January 18, 2016
  11. J

    Two weeks

    Trying to edit, but totally messing up!!! rtkr January 18, 2016
  12. J

    Two weeks

    rtkr January 18, 2016
  13. J

    Two weeks

    rtkr January 18, 2016
  14. J

    Two weeks

    rtkr January 18, 2016
  15. J

    Two weeks

    Thank you Celle. I will take definitely work "smarter not harder". The advise I'm getting from this forum is proving to be invaluable!!! rtkr January 18, 2016
Back
Top Bottom