Had TKR on1/4/16. Have experienced tight band feeling around knee at about 4-5 weeks post op. Was told this was due to formation of scar tissue. At almost 18 weeks post op I have now been discharged from therapy and have been instructed on how to break up the scar tissue with manipulation in the form of pinching up, rolling, and pressing the areas of tightness. I am very discouraged as I am only able to bend my knee 80 degrees and only occasionally up to 90 or so. I do my exercises as instructed twice a day which include trying to force my knee bent which is painful and frustrating as I have not been able to progress as far as bending goes. The tightness has improved some and I am just wondering how long this is going to take. Have been working on the scar tissue for about a month now. Am finally able after about 4-6 minutes of going back and forth on my stationary bike...able to go all the way around. Am I expecting too much too soon?
- Birthday
-
Jan 26, 1951
(Age: 75)
- Location
-
WI
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
- Occupation
- Retired nurse
Julie
MUA TKR June 27, 2016
Right TKR January 4, 2016