Recent content by jmark87

  1. jmark87

    Bilateral TKR At 2yrs 8 mos.

    Hello everyone recovering. As noted above I am a long time after surgery. I am very satisfied with the results of my BTKR. I have one question to ask of others at this stage. I often feel a tightness in my knees. At times it feels as if I have an elastic wrap around my knees. Is this a normal...
  2. jmark87

    Bilateral TKR Now at one year/seven months.

    I got the email about checking in for New Years. I had been thinking about writing for awhile now, so here it is. I had Bi-TKR on May 15, 2012. Things went quite well and I got off to a great start. That did not last too long. I had to go in for MUA. While out, the Surgeon took pictures of my...
  3. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    DON'T GIVE UP HOPE. I am writing this because I got to the point that I was questioning having both knees replaced at the same time. I was having lots of problems, discomfort, trouble sleeping and most of all, I could not gain any more flex.Sitting for periods of time was so uncomfortable. It...
  4. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    CONFESSION: OK folks you were all right. I was working too hard to achive more flexion. I had the MUA done on 7/19. While under anesthesia the surgeon was able to get 130°. Awake I was only at about 100°. I continued to work out in the gym and swim in the pool and did not see much improvement in...
  5. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    I don't think I am getting the connection between pain meds and inflammation. I assume the inflammation comes from working the knees and not icing/elevation. If you are on pain meds I would think that you would have a tendency to over work since you don't feel the pain. How do the meds help...
  6. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    Thanks for your analysis.
  7. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    Josephine, first I want to say that I clicked the "Like" button and then it said Unlike, you know what I mean. Explain the emphasis on pain meds. The obvious is to reduce the pain but will they let me stretch a little further since I won't have as much discomfort? Today at PT I measured 96° and...
  8. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    To Orthodoc: I read one of your posts on MUA. Here is my situaton. BTKR 5/15/12, did weeks of PT. The OS said I could work on knees myself at the gym and pool. Continued this but could not get past 100 and 90 degrees, R and L. When I visited OS on 7/16 he saw I was bound up with adhesions and...
  9. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    Juniper, that was quite a time you had with the kidney stone. I hope I never get one. I have taken a little time off before I think three days. That was before MUA, now I am starting over.
  10. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    MUA. I would really like to hear from others that have had this MUA procedure done. I would appreciate hearing all the details of what you went through and how your recovery went and the end amount of flexion degrees you were able to reach. Are you glad that you went through MUA, would you have...
  11. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    Woke up this morning at 6:00 with the most pain in my knees that I have had since day one. I took a pain pill, went down on the lounger. elevated and iced. I was able to sleep for two hours. Made it through the day. Tomorrow I go back to PT and start this thing all over again. Oh, by the way, I...
  12. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    Josephine, I did read the articles that you posted for me and I thank you for that. It is still difficult for me to go against the PT that is trained to do this work and my OS who is one of the most respected surgeons doing TKR in this area. It is even more difficult for me to believe that I can...
  13. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    Hi, I really do understand the cycle that you are explaining. My OS did the MUA and wanted me to go right to PT the next day and for two or three weeks. The PT didn't do very much, some stretching some pulling back on legs to get measurenents and a few minutes on the bike to just work pedals...
  14. jmark87

    TKR Back home in PA

    It will be interesting, if I can get a second opinion from the PT group that is associated with my OS. I keep searching for all the info that I can get so I can make the decision as to what I think I should do. Thank you all on this BS forum. and it is not BS.
Back
Top Bottom