Recent content by Jillybean

  1. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    Pumpkin, You wrote, "May be time to start looking for an OS who specializes in revisions, they are best positioned to determine what the problem is. Have you had a nerve conduction test for your nerve damage? Ask your PT what you can do for your hypersensitivity, and pain. " Are you thinking I...
  2. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    Thank you everyone for your amazing replies. They have been so validating. The reminders to slow down are also helpful. I thought I was doing pretty well, but I could go a bit slower. The PA in my OS's office told me that I have one-two months before I will reach the most flexion I will have. I...
  3. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    I went back to work in early May and so with this and two kids have had limited energy to do much, including posting/reading here. Welcome to my pity party! I do have nerve damage in my left quad. and was finally able to lift it about 5 weeks ago. I have to use a crutch on the right side as I...
  4. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    Thanks @BigBend! Nice to have a fellow traveler with such close BTKR dates. :friends:I'm glad you found this site before your surgeries and I'm impressed that you are doing your own PT. I got so many mixed messages before finding this site. I am going to share it with my doctor. I've been having...
  5. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    -My hubby agreed with you. Thanks for the encouragement! Thanks Roy for your good advice about exercising on my stationery bike.
  6. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    (My answers are in bold.) 1. That's good. But do you mean to tell me you never experience any soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness? These are all pain and need to be adequately medicated. I have to admit I struggled with this question. I considered keeping a...
  7. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    Thanks Josephine for your reply. You are right that there is a good chance it is not nerve damage. However, it is perplexing everyone. It won't lift up into a leg lift, while my right leg does it just fine. I have to manually lift my left leg in and out of my van, on to my bed, etc., I can stand...
  8. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    Thank you everyone for your replies. Sparkle, you are so right. I was hit was some depression and have cried almost every day since my surgery. The first week it was because of pain. After that it was sometimes pain, but often it was feeling trapped in my body and needing so much help. I...
  9. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    Here is the part of my journey involving the decision to have both of the surgeries: I have had degenerative osteoarthritis since my mid-30's. At that time I was told one knee was "severe" and the other "very severe." My orthopedist at the time said she wanted me to make it to age 50 so that...
  10. Jillybean

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    I am almost to week 5. I wish I had found this site 5 week ago.:flwrysmile: The issues I have been struggling with, are the very ones this site debunks. How much lesser my rollercoaster ride would have been had I found the ideas on this site that see pain as communication from our bodies and not...
Back
Top Bottom