Recent content by jerryj

  1. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Hi, Thanks for the response. You know, I haven't done any icing. I should start. I guess I thought the pain would go away in a few weeks. Sounds like it's going to take longer. I really need to be more careful.
  2. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Hi Folks, I had a really bad fall 3 weeks ago. I stepped off a curb not realizing I was stepping off a curb and fell super hard on my knees. I thought I broke my knee caps, it was so hard. I hit my right knee the hardest - and the right side is also where I had my hip replaced 2 years ago. I...
  3. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Hey Folks, Thanks for the input - I really appreciate it! I will be taking it much easier for the time being.
  4. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    So do you think it's something that will get better in time? My x-rays look pretty normal according to the doctors - it doesn't look any different than the one after 3 weeks other than some calcification they said. Unless there is a railing, I've been going up the stairs one step at a time and I...
  5. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    I didn't get any episodes like I'm getting now from the surgery date through week 8, but I was using the leg a lot less and going upstairs one at a time. 3. I did oxycodone 5 mg every 6 hours for probably the first 6 weeks, then went off them. 4. I did ice packs through the first 5 - 6 weeks -...
  6. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Hi, I hope these answers are ok: 1. Anterior 2. Pain level is a 2 or 3 when an episode happens. When I straighten out my leg, it goes to 0 or 1 as I can feel a residual bit of pain. Then soon after that it's back to 0. 3. Taking no pain meds now. 4. Not icing anything now. 5. Not elevating my...
  7. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    I was in the shower this morning and I just slightly bent over to grab the shampoo and I could feel the hip just a little bit, feel like it's getting caught in a wrong position - feels like it's slightly dislocating - it's weird.
  8. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Hi, I believe it would be the R3F-R2F/W area. And sure, I'll answer more questions.
  9. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    I think it was something like "3½ months out - strange pain as if the hip feels like it's dislocating (once in a while) when I'm going up a stair or bending over - (but once I straighten it out - it seems fine) - anyone else have something like this?"
  10. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Thanks Eman85 for sharing your experience. I guess I'm just going to follow my Dr's orders and take it easier for now. And hey Jaycey, could you change the name of the thread to what I had when I posted my new post earlier today? Thanks!
  11. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Yes he did - I had explained to him what was going on, then I came in for an x-ray and he called me back and couldn't really tell me anything about the pain I'm having. He told me to go up stairs one at a time, or lead with the good leg - and don't lift anything heavy for 5-6 weeks. I'm just...
  12. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Hi, I'm 3½ months out from my surgery. Everything seems mostly fine, but when I go up stairs or bend over I get a feeling in my hip like it's going to dislocate or something like that. It's more of a shock to have it feel that way than the pain involved. Once I straighten my leg out and stand...
  13. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Well, I'm going to find out Monday. That will be 6 full weeks from surgery.
  14. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    Hi There, My surgery date was Feb. 19th, 2018. Not sure how to get it in my signature? I can be computer challenged at times. And Eman85 - do you think playing heel up would be ok to do at this time? Thanks
  15. J

    THR Dull ache after fall

    If so, I'd like to know how your recovery went and when you could start playing the drum kit. I had the right hip replaced (bass drum playing leg) and the Dr. said I can go back to practice in 6 weeks. I mostly play heel down. Any words of wisdom from anyone?
Back
Top Bottom