Recent content by JeremiahD

  1. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Afternoon... Once again I appreciate the helpful comments/advice :) Couple answers to questions that were asked... My surgeon did bring up a MUA at/around 12 weeks. We decided that we would start with a DynaSplint and see how that went. I made some progress over the next 1-2 months, so we...
  2. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Well…shoot. That just sucks. I really appreciate the feedback and advice though. Thank you. My ROM for extension, even before surgery was not great. I can’t remember for sure what the degree was, probably somewhere just a little better than now. Could or should I have done anything different...
  3. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Afternoon! Looking for some feedback/advice… I’m just a week away from my 12 month anniversary for my TKR. As I’ve mentioned, per the advice of this board, I stopped attending formal PT last November. Since then I have just been doing my normal activities. I play disc golf 1-2 a week, and also...
  4. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Update. Taking the advice of most/all the wonderful people on this board, I've stopped going to my 3x a week PT. I've just had enough. My daily life is busy and athletically challenging enough, (I must have gone up the steps at least 10x last night to put the toddler back in bed :) add on PT and...
  5. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Morning! Just checking in, letting everyone know that almost daily I am starting to feel better/stronger I’m back to doing most of my daily routines around the house, but still kicking my feet up in between to ice and relax. ROM (especially extension) is still about 15 degrees is all I can...
  6. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Incision is nearly heeled and pain is still being managed quite well...but a rough day nevertheless. PT was disappointed in my extension today (lack there of) at day 24. I get it...it’s bad...I can’t get past < 12 ish degrees. Mentally this a tougher than I anticipated. I find myself in a...
  7. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Thank you all for the replies/thoughts on the CPM. I’ve been doing it once a day, for around an hour in the morning. Seems to help get me loose and going. Based on everyone’s feedback, sounds like 60 min per day is just fine/helpful :) Thanks!
  8. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    @Bob1653 Good stuff! Sounds like we will be on the same timeline for the most part. Agree swelling is my worst part right now, which leads to pain/stiffness, which at that point kiss any ROM improvement goodbye. Yep, like you just trying to take it easy the traditional ways (RICE). I’m getting...
  9. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Great stuff to hear @Celle I am someone who has a tendency to push things, so it is nice to get your advice/input, that, along with the other articles and threads have been extremely helpful. keep y’all posted :)
  10. J

    TKR < 40 - TKR Decision

    Thank you!
  11. J

    TKR JeremiahD's Knee Recovery

    Afternoon! TKR completed on 9/8/20 @12:30pm. Took 3 hours to complete because of the enormous amount of scar issue that had to be removed. First I would just like to thank everyone who chimed in a few months ago to give your positive support! I didn’t reply, but I did read each message, and...
  12. J

    TKR < 40 - TKR Decision

    Hi there. Quick backstory: 37 year old dad of two. Had my ACL/MCL (R knee) obliterated in 04' playing football. Had a complete reconstruction of the ACL/MCL for that injury; a couple "clean ups" over the last 7 years to remove scar tissue, leaving me with a 70 year old arthritic knee. With the...
Back
Top Bottom