Recent content by jenreilly1

  1. J

    TKR Pain in outside bone area 8wks post op^

    About 200 between squats and lunges
  2. J

    TKR Pain in outside bone area 8wks post op^

    11/29/17 was my surgery date The PT had me doing about 200 reps between squats and lunges. I coach soccer and worked out a lot prior to the TKR. I was doing squats and calf raises a lot pre-surgery to keep my leg strength up.
  3. J

    TKR Pain in outside bone area 8wks post op^

    1. Pain level right now is a 3. It’s my IT band area only and now I am having some pain in my Achilles area. 2. I am only taking Mobic once a day with Tylenol sometimes as needed. I have a gel of Diclofenac sodium too but that doesn’t seem to do anything. 3. Swelling is between slight to...
  4. J

    Welcome to the November Nimbles' 2017 Recovery Club

    I am November 29, 2017 too. My first!
  5. J

    TKR Pain in outside bone area 8wks post op^

    Sure! Thank you so much! Surgery date was 11/29/17. I posted a pic on my original post but not sure who can see it. It was just a pic of where the pain is—it’s the IT band area where it crosses over the bone on the outside of the kneecap on my left knee. PT has me doing about 200 squats and...
  6. J

    TKR Carol’s “Average” Recovery

    Ok just did that! Thank you!
  7. J

    TKR Carol’s “Average” Recovery

    Has anyone been told by their PT just to use heat now? He said icing isn’t as effective now that I am 8weeks post op TLKR. He told me to do heat at week 6. I have severe pain in my outer left side of my knee and wonder if ice would be better.
  8. J

    TKR Pain in outside bone area 8wks post op^

    Hello I am 8 weeks out from my replacement surgery. I have had in on and off IT band pain during my recovery. At 6 weeks post-op I felt amazing. Since then things have slowly gone backwards. I cannot yet come down the stairs properly with pushing through my left leg. I tried at therapy on 4”...
Back
Top Bottom