Recent content by Jelliott66

  1. Jelliott66

    THR First THR June 25 - very scared

    RGS. I was very nervous with both of my hip replacements. Right up until I went in. That is natural but think positive!! It’s the two best things I’ve done for myself EVER!! No more pain in sleeping or sitting. No limp. Hang tough! You got this. Allow yourself time to heal as each hip and...
  2. Jelliott66

    THR Second one done.

    Ice is the true friend of someone with hip replacement. I honestly think that’s what helps me recover so quickly. I mowed my lawn with a self propelled push mower one week after my anterior hip surgery. Also biking up to 30 min every day. Hip is great.
  3. Jelliott66

    THR Second one done.

    Off to a great recovery. Actually back to work 4 days after surgery. I am a school superintendent so I can control my hours but it’s amazing how good I feel. Love this site and all you do !!
  4. Jelliott66

    THR Second one done.

    My most recent hip was anterior left. My first hip was posterior right. Got a low grade fever but otherwise feel pretty good.
  5. Jelliott66

    THR Second one done.

    Just thought I would share my hip stories. 2016 I had my first hip done with the posterior approach. First week was hell. Couldn’t believe I did it. A lot of pain. But gradually things came around and the hip is as strong as ever. A little numbness in the front thigh if I stand too long in the...
Back
Top Bottom