Recent content by jdrham

  1. J

    THR February 28th LTHR - Slow Recovery

    Hi Josephine: Thank you so much for your advice... I literally felt a wave of relief while reading your post. I has now been just over 2 weeks since I have done any strengthening exercises and I finally feel a real improvement. Only since Saturday have I been able to sit without resultant...
  2. J

    THR February 28th LTHR - Slow Recovery

    Hi Jamie: Thank's so much for your encouragment and great advice. I was so happy to see your post this afternoonand & I have just finished reading all of the links :) I have not been elevating properly (for several weeks now) and I have not been icing regularly enough...strangely believed...
  3. J

    THR February 28th LTHR - Slow Recovery

    Hello to my fellow replacement pals. Sorry for the radio silence, but I have been having a bit of a struggle and am wondering if anyone can weigh in on my extremely slow post op progress and make any suggestions on how best for me to proceed...with walking &/or strengthening exercises. I...
  4. J

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @Knees4Me - I am distressed to learn of your post-op experience. I am about to embark on a multi-year project to replace marrow for metal in multiple joints. I will have my hip done this month. I am afraid. And even more so that we share the same health care system where 12 month cues for...
  5. J

    Order of Operations - left Hip and Knee are at end-stage

    Thanks for the kind Welcome Jaycey! - I went for my pre-op today (got the 'all-clear') and decided to have the hip done first. I am booked for feb 28. And thank you Miss Muffet for tagging @dandy_candi. Appreciate it very much. i am very grateful. Anne
  6. J

    Cortisone before total knee replacement

    Thanks so much for the responses! In Canada, most surgeons are very conservative in their approach and many wont consider surgery if a joint has been injected within 3-6 months...some wont risk it if it had been injected inside of a year. (So i am told....). My surgeon wrote a key paper on...
  7. J

    Cortisone before total knee replacement

    I am a new member and am about to embark on a multi-year, multi-joint project to become the modern day version of Linsday Wagner. Is having a steroid injection into the knee within weeks of a total knee replacement a "no-no"? Does it render the joint more susceptible to infection or other...
  8. J

    Order of Operations - left Hip and Knee are at end-stage

    Hi - I am female, 50 with a long history of rheumatoid arthritis that has been quiet ("remission") for some years now. Unfortunately, it was erosive and damaged a number of joints, large and small. I now need to replace my hip and knee on the left side. I suspect that the right side will be...
Back
Top Bottom