I am a fine art printmaker. Art is my passion--it is the thing that makes us human. It is where what we know and what we don't know meet and where our intuition and our knowledge mingle.
I teach art and graphic design at Middlesex Community College in Bedford and Lowell, Massachusetts. My students teach me every day to have hope for the future--it is in the hands of caring, creative, thoughtful and engaged youg adults, whatever else the media tells us.
In my down time I enjoy sailing, hiking, biking, swimming, scuba diving, and skiing, reading, music, and talking with friends. Nature is an essential part of who we are and we need to spend time moving in it.
I am married to a great guy who teaches me statistics, the fine art of writing well, and how to find humor in almost anything. Having such a friend to meet life with is my great fortune.
We have a greyhound who teaches us that being together and having a positive outlook are the most important things in life. No matter what has happened every time before, we can be enthusiastic that THIS TIME, what we hope can happen, says the Blue dog.
We love to travel and have been blessed to visit Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, various parts of Europe, the Carribbean, and North America, where we learned that loving generosity is a universal human quality. Hopefully we will get to visit South America and Africa as well.
I survived open heart surgery in 2014, which taught me that I can get through just about anything by taking it a little bit at a time.
Looking forward to the next walk in the woods, the next new print "hot off the press," the next howling session with Blue the dog, the next gentle moment with my sweetheart.
Jan
- Birthday
-
Jun 6, 1958
(Age: 68)
- Location
-
Boston, MA
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
- Occupation
- Professor of Art
TRKR Stryker Triathalon Dec 21, 2015