Recent content by Janeann

  1. Janeann

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I guess you'll have to take me off the August Hot Shot list. I'm postponing my surgery until after the first of the year. The doctor I originally wanted to do my surgery is not on my insurance. My employer offers two insurance plans, so in October during open enrollment, I am going to change...
  2. Janeann

    Second Thoughts on Partial Knee Replacement

    Well, I've come to a decision about my partial knee replacement. I've been on vacation and have had time to think about things. I'm going to postpone it until after the first of the year. I have a number of reasons. Most importantly, the doctor I originally wanted to do my surgery is not on...
  3. Janeann

    Second Thoughts on Partial Knee Replacement

    @FlaGranny I'll bet you can't wait! The steroid shot I had a couple of months ago is starting to wear off. I've been having more pain myself, but not keeping me awake yet. I've had some swelling in the back of my knee. I guess it could be a Baker's cyst. And some generalized achiness in my...
  4. Janeann

    Second Thoughts on Partial Knee Replacement

    @FlaGranny How long have you been suffering with your knee pain? I am so sorry you've had such intense pain. There's nothing worse than having pain in the middle of the night, making it hard to sleep. I hope your surgeries will give you the relief you are looking for!
  5. Janeann

    Second Thoughts on Partial Knee Replacement

    @FlaGranny My doc told me I have bone on bone in the medial compartment, which he saw on x-ray. He said my other two knee compartments look good on the x-ray, but says he won't know for sure if I need a TKR until he gets in there during surgery. He has not ordered a CT or MRI. I did have an...
  6. Janeann

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    @dianehelen Same to you! I hope you heal quickly and have an uneventful recovery!
  7. Janeann

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I'm scheduled to have partial knee replacement, possibly total, on August 17. @zammie24 I've had pain for 2 years and am wondering if this is the right thing to do now. I know there is no other definitive treatment to fix it for good, but do wonder if I could continue on a little longer with...
  8. Janeann

    Second Thoughts on Partial Knee Replacement

    @uva55 Before my knee issues, walking around my neighborhood was my primary source of exercising, which I can no longer do without pain. Now I ride an exercycle for exercise, but I miss my walks. I do wonder if I'm messing up anything else when I walk because I have pain sometimes down the...
  9. Janeann

    Second Thoughts on Partial Knee Replacement

    Hi all! I’m a newbie here. I’m scheduled to have a probable partial knee replacement on August 17th. I say probable because the doc said he won’t know for sure until he gets in there as to whether the other 2 compartments are damaged or not. I’ve been dealing with a bad knee for a little...
Back
Top Bottom