Recent content by Janab1028

  1. J

    TKR Janab1028's Preop Thread

    Surgery might be delayed for me. My insurance won't approve the robotic assist and that is the only way my Doctor does them. So they are working to get one of the other surgeons to do mine. It stinks because I have had so much work done to my right leg and really want the doctor who has seen...
  2. J

    TKR Janab1028's Preop Thread

    Hello all, long time no type! I am having my right knee replaced 27 January. Quick decision made today at the Doc's office. Since I have had my right hip replaced, broke my right femur, I figure what's one more thing, right? Time will tell. Thanks!
  3. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Hello everyone, long time no type. Just thought I would check in. It has officially been 1 year and 44 days since I had my second surgery to fix my broken femur. Still walking with a cane since my right leg is officially 1.5 inches shorter than my left one. I have built up shoes but I still...
  4. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Thank you @Layla. I'm hoping it doesn't take too much longer. Everything seems to take forever! Enjoy the upcoming holidays!
  5. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Hello everyone, long time no type! Things are going pretty well. I am going on 5 months from the femur surgery. Still working from home (than heavens) I'm walking with a cane outside the house. Still using my walker in the house (I have a tray so I use it to carry my stuff!) Have run into...
  6. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    I'm doing pretty good. Right leg is an inch shorter than my left now. Had to order a lift for my right shoe. They just came in today, so I will try it out later.
  7. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Yeah, I fell on both knees and drove the implant deeper into my femur and broke it, so they had to put a new stem in, a plate to reinforce the femur, and hardware to stabilize the break.
  8. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    It has now been 6 weeks and 5 days since my last surgery. Had my 6 week appointment and was approved to start bearing weight as tolerated. Therapy starts this week. They will be coming to the house to start. Still having trouble sleeping but I'm sure it will get better. Slow but sure wins...
  9. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Hi everyone! It has been 4 weeks and 4 days since my last surgery. Here is a picture of the scar on my knee, the next will be further up my thigh. I have more but they are in more delicate areas ( not for public view). Lol! Let me know what you think.
  10. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Well kids I am home again. Got home Friday afternoon. Got all my adaptive aids, toilet seat riser, shower bench versus a chair and a tray for my walker. Still have 4 weeks of no weight bearing on the right leg. I have rented a hospital bed for the next month since my bed is way to high for...
  11. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Isn't it amazing how thrilling such a minor thing is? I am so grateful to be able to get up in the middle of the night and just go.
  12. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    I got bathroom privileges! I don't have to call anyone to come in while I go!It is a red letter day!
  13. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Hi guys! Just checking in. Been in the rehab facility for 5 days now. Doing pretty well. Might actually earn the privilege to go to the bathroom by myself. All my bed and chair alarms are turned off. Feeling pretty good today. Had therapy already today. Just had my sponge bath with OT...
  14. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    One is of the fracture repair and one is down by the knee. Pretty long plate reinforcing my femur.
  15. J

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Here is a couple pictures of the repairs.
Back
Top Bottom