Thank you for sharing your experience with sleep issues. I am going back to work tomorrow, so I will be stopping sleep aids during work nites. I take herbal aids only so far. May I ask if your pain was worse at nite? I am now starting to have pain with walking again, which I thought was done.
I...
thank you Caryl. My apologies for not following same thread. Newbie at these forums for sure. = )
My ortho PA seemed to think pain this far out was unusual. I reminded her I have chronic Lyme so i'm not sure if that plays a role or not in my healing/recovery.
The lack of sleep is so...
Hello all. I'm still in a great deal of pain almost 12 weeks post op. My entire leg aches all day, some relief w advil/Tylenol. I'm barely doing any PT, have been babying the knee which decreased the pain which is good. However pain at rest / night is incredible. I don't sleep well. Narcotics...
Hello and I’m in very much the same boat w TKR 9/28/20. The only nights I get sleep is when I’m totally exhausted. The pain is sporadic and not caused by anything specific. I’ve stopped aggressive PT, gentle yoga and stretching only. I can fall asleep but 3-4 hours later I’m awake with pain. I...
thank you!! it's been a few days since i've been easier on the PT and myself. = ) Still have a lot of pain at nite - but I'm enjoying yoga (amending poses as needed) and have looked into QiGong exercises to try to broaded my 'less violent' options. I so appreciate all your input and replies. =...
Im so glad to hear this. I've been feeling a bit "behind" in my recovery due to surgeon/PT input. Lately the more and more i stretch, the more my incision hurts. I have been using coconut oil and lotions during the day - but man the pain there is unbelievable - esp while stretching my knee w...
OK - but what about my surgeon office sweating that ROM and wanting to go back in and crack me? Looking at your signature - I think you may know more than them tho ... = ) that's a lot of surgeries!
Makes sense tho - as the stretching of the knee causes a decent amount of pain and in the back...
thank you! It was my right knee that had TKR. Due to AVN from 16 months of high dose steroids 2002-03 for autoimmune disease (in remission).
The reason i'm doing so much PT is that my surgeon's office is considering MUA - next appt 12/9. Im trying to avoid that as i'm due back at work 12/20. And...
Hello all. My TKR was 9/28/20. I am happy to have found this site as I have so many questions / concerns and I find the surgeon's office pretty much 'drops you' after the surgery is complete. I also didn't have much luck with in-home PT. I am doing my own PT at home with youtube videos (Total...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.