Recent content by Irongirl56

  1. Irongirl56

    TKR Over exercising 21 weeks post TKR

    Chilltime, your ortho had it right, it can and probably will take at least a year to heal and get all your strength back in that leg. I have been “training” (triathlete) diligently since a few months post op ie swim, bike, slow run, fast walking, trail running and lots of strength training. I...
  2. Irongirl56

    TKR August 8 2022 surgery

    Agree with Benne68, a shower chair is a must. I also had a walker and that helped me get on and off the potty. you wont be able to get your incision or dressing wet for a week or two so I also purchased a rubber leg cover off of amazon so I could sit in the shower with my leg covered and...
  3. Irongirl56

    TKR Intro, before the surgery

    Having a bilateral will definitely make stairs a bit tougher to navigate so keep us posted on how things are going s we can provide ideas and support!
  4. Irongirl56

    Questions about next steps and what it all means

    Snowman, sounds like you have a great plan in place. Please keep us updated as you work through your treatments. I am very interested to hear about the PRP as I think the evidence on efficacy is mixed but fingers are crossed if you would need it for it to work for you. Definitely keep us...
  5. Irongirl56

    TKR Spinal anesthesia/ same day discharge

    I had general anesthesia and still went home the same day so that is an option as well.
  6. Irongirl56

    TKR 9 and a half weeks, ski, hike, cycle

    Hi Funbun, you sound just like I did after my surgery! When can I run, bike, hike and swim again and how fast can I go??? Patience is a virtue when it comes to these knees. I probably pushed faster than I should have in an effort to be race ready soon than later. I may be paying for it with...
  7. Irongirl56

    TKR Out patient TKR surgery?

    Hi Bunnyhead, as many stated above if your doc feels you are good candidate for outpatient then you should be fine. I had my PKR done as an outpatient as well, think I was home by 630. Time in the surgery center depends on when you are scheduled, ie I had mine around noon so was not home until...
  8. Irongirl56

    Questions about next steps and what it all means

    Hey Snowman, I was where you are, unable to do the activities I wanted to ie biking, running, hiking etc Had 2 meniscus repairs, one of which failed and finally a medial partial knee replacement. I was trying to train for 2 Ironmans and my knee kept side tracking me so finally did the surgery...
  9. Irongirl56

    TKR Intro, before the surgery

    Welcome to Bonesmart! I live in a split level house with nothing but stairs and no where to sleep or go to BR except by going up a flight of stairs. I was able to navigate the stairs using my good leg and the rails and a cane. I ended up only using my walker the first couple of weeks in the...
  10. Irongirl56

    PKR Invaluable presurgical workout classes

    Getting into shape and having a fitness routine to the limits of what you can accomplish prior to surgery will assist with recovery. Even if it is upper body weight training with lower body movements and stretching will benefit you in recovery. If you are unable to do much with the affected...
  11. Irongirl56

    PKR Partial KNEE RECOVERY 6 WEEKS POST OP

    FedEx, I am about a year out from a Right Medial partial as well. You can read through my postings to see how mine came along. It is not an easy recovery at all And as an athlete I have a tendency to push more than I should but through excellent support from bonesmart, learned to dial it down a...
  12. Irongirl56

    PKR IRONGIRL PKR 5 months after

    Hi all, I keep meaning to post an update and finally getting to it. I am 5mos post op R PKR medial side this week. All seems to be going well but still dealing with pain at the top of my calf and can only assume it is a darned bakers cyst that wont go away. It’s better than it was a month ago...
  13. Irongirl56

    PKR Day 10

    Ramone1961, I am on week 14 post Right medial PKR and still do some icing especially after I workout or train. I have just recently cut it back to only after activity as I didnt see any further benefit from doing it 3-4 x a day at this stage. my swelling is almost gone and my only pain issues...
  14. Irongirl56

    Arthroscopy Meniscus Repair

    Mysticalgirl, I have had medial meniscus repairs on both knees, in 2018 and 2019. My left knee did great, and I was running road and trail by 6 mos post op. my right knee was not so great. I had ongoing pain and swelling for over a year. The pain was medial and lateral and even though I...
  15. Irongirl56

    TKR Yikes! Ive been gone

    do you have a website? Ours are getting older and will be looking again at some point. I have 3 goldendoodles ages 8, 9, 10, all upwards of 90lbs. They are a handful but such wonderful dogs.
Back
Top Bottom