Recent content by irish

  1. irish

    TKR Doing so well then wham!

    thanks guys for all your advice, nice to hear from you jancat , I went to physio today and had accupuncture dont really know what to expect from it ? but what i do know is Brufen and regular analgesia really works ! we have had snow here today and its lovely ,first snow of the winter !
  2. irish

    TKR Doing so well then wham!

    Thanks Howard for taking the time to write it is great to hear how other people have done post op, today I feel not to bad and tomorrow my physio is going to do accupuncture to try and alleviate the pain ! i dont really hold out much hope, but sure we have to try these things, am just heading to...
  3. irish

    TKR Doing so well then wham!

    lol Fernie I went to the pool today but just used the steam room and jacuzzi and was able to do my stretches:angel: I have taken anti inflammatories and pain meds, feeling a good bit better today, sleep is a big problem post op more of a trying to get comfortable problem ,be prepared for it and...
  4. irish

    TKR Doing so well then wham!

    Morning Elizabeth been there done that , feeling low is part and parcel of this situation we find ourselves in although thankfully it doesnt last long, even though you dont feel it every week that goes by does get better, it is hard to tell people that you are so many weeks post op and having to...
  5. irish

    TKR Doing so well then wham!

    Hi Josephine thanks for the info and advice , I had surgery in Oct and after my 6/52 review i was told i could swim as I felt able, I have been doing the crawl as the Breast stroke is a bit too ambitous at the minute and feel comfortable after it I always start off in the steam room with some...
  6. irish

    TKR Doing so well then wham!

    Hi folks thanks for your support, good luck with your surgery, be positive and on the days when it seems all your hardwork is not paying dividends, relax ,take it slow and start again, think i should take my own advice lol , good luck
  7. irish

    TKR Doing so well then wham!

    I am 12 weeks post op, have been doing well, out walking , swimming four times a week , doing my physio regularly, only taking analgesia at night . Moderate amount of pain and stiffness throughout the day which is managable ,when all of a sudden after a short time on the exercise bike my knee...
Back
Top Bottom