BEST PROSTHESIS FOR HIP THA ? - This is a tough question because I'm sure there is no correct answer - just opinion. Prosthesis companies are many, including Stryker, Zimmer, DePuy and Smith and Nephew etc. They ALL at some point have either had recalls of hip components or voluntarily pulled...
Thanks for the reply about Dr. Matta. The only CT OS I could find that trained under him is a Dr. Baumgaertner from New Haven CT. Perhaps you can tell me if that is the same OS who did your friend's hip. Thanks so much.
Has anyone had a THR using Makoplasty or similar computer navigation other than simple X-rays during the operation- and if so what were the results as to pain, recovery and post op leg length.? Thank you.
Does anyone have any input on the new mobile bearing implants that have two articulation points rather than one? Also, with ceramic on ceramic - which they say is the longest lasting least wearing joint type, does anyone know the percentage of these units that squeak post op? Thanks
QUESTION Does anyone know if there are any new procedures or treatments for a bone on bone hip that are currently being tested and or developed at research centers either in the USA or abroad. My biggest fear is that I will have a THR and then a year or two down the road someone will come up...
You have a good point. There is NO substitute for experience, knowlegde and professionalism. But I can tell you that several non OS doctors have told me that Navigation is the only way they would go if they needed such an operation. Also, there are many doctors on You Tube (I know -consider...
I understand that the latest gadgets and technology are not always the best BUT I had a well established and experienced OS tell me that before using intraoperative guidance (which for him includes a CT scan and pre-op 3D model which is then compared to the post-op result) his practice achieved...
I am in need for a THA as my hip is bone on bone. I have led a very active sports filled life and I know that THA will change that. This is my first post and I have done over a hundred hours of research on THA.
So FIRST: Type of implant. Almost all of the major manufacturers have had recalls...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.