I had a LTHR just over 6 months ago and it couldn't have worked out better. I have better function than I ever have had in my life and no pain.
My implant is ceramic on ceramic, short stem and cementless. I have been told it should last a long time and that even though I am in my 40s I am...
Due to avascular necrosis my femoral head was squashed flat causing my left leg to be 2.5 cm (1 inch) shorter than my right.
3 months ago I underwent THR on my left leg. The surgeon was able to lengthen the operated leg and my PT has confirmed that my legs are now the same length.
The only...
I was considering asking the GP for antibiotics just in case, but realize that there are risks with doing this also.
I have been carefully flossing today and think there is a reduction in bleeding already. I found some mouth wash with Hydrogen Peroxide, which I read is good.
Hi All,
I am 3 months post total hip replacement and everything is going great. I couldn't be happier about how things have progressed over the last few weeks with one exception.
For the years leading up to my referral for THR I was perhaps not taking care of myself all that well and had...
Hi Bone Smart Forum,
I have been reading the posts in here for sometime but had been getting an error when trying to create new posts. This is only the second time I have successfully been able to create a post.
The threads in this forum have provided me with invaluable information over the...
Hi All,
I am 18 days post posterior THR left leg. I had a ceramic on ceramic implant, cementless with a single screw in the cup. 36mm implant.
I have only just found this forum and it is fantastic.
I was released from hospital on day three with the advice that I could full load bear on the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.