Recent content by Hockeymum10

  1. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Hello I’m 12/13 weeks post surgery and return to work next week. What sort of hours have other people done on their phased return to work please ? I’m a primary school manager and sit at my desk a lot as well as getting up and down to the photocopier or to the classrooms etc. Thank you
  2. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Hello - how do I get to my recovery thread to post a question please ? Thank you
  3. Hockeymum10

    THR Can’t put sock on operated leg 9 weeks post THR

    Hi Thanks for posting this. I’m on week 10 and can walk quite happily for an hour but still can’t bend my leg properly/reach my foot so it’s made me feel better to hear I’m not alone in that !
  4. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Ah thank you. I see the consultant on Thursday for my follow up appointment so I’m waiting to see what he says.
  5. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    I forgot to kept my left leg straight (left hip replacement) and started to kneel down on my left leg and the pain in my knee was excruciating/ is this normal please ? Thank you
  6. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Thank you for your reply I’d been taking an anti sickness at the same time as the Nefopam because I was quite nauseous after my op and when taking the Nefopam. I’d tried looking up to see if coming off Nefopam makes you dizzy but I’ve only been on them 4 weeks so I wasn’t sure if I’d have...
  7. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Good morning. For 3 days I feel quite dizzy when I turn my head and I sometimes feel a bit sick but not all the time. I was only taking one Nefapam in the evening but I stopped that about 3 days ago. Could the two be connected ? Thanks.
  8. Hockeymum10

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Hi - I’ve just read the post by SpongeBob and wanted to say thank you for this reply - it’s really useful.
  9. Hockeymum10

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Hi there - I’ve just come across your post and I just wanted to say thank you for asking your question and thank you to the responses- I’ve found them all really helpful. I’m 5 weeks tomorrow post op and my knee is sore also but all the info in this post was helpful. I hope you are feeling ok.
  10. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Thank you. It’s 5 weeks tomorrow and I’ve been feeling positive since I came out - apart from the first few days of post surgery blues- but I suddenly felt fed up and worried last night. I know the physio leaflet from hospital for weeks 4-6 says to try and walk some without a crutch but I...
  11. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    When do you feel different to how you did before the op ? By this I mean I’m still limping, I’m still “rocking” when I walk, I still have discomfort on my left side, I still can’t bend down to fasten my shoes, my scar itches constantly- and I’ve been telling myself that it will all have been...
  12. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Hi - thank you my son had a great game with 1 goal and 1 assist so a great first outing for me !
  13. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Hi everyone. I went to my son’s game I used a chair from the cafe rather than the folding stand seats and I was fine. I’m glad I went - it’s Mother’s Day and my son scored 1 goal and got 1 assist so it was a lovely Mother’s Day present
  14. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Thank you for your reply. I’m so undecided if I would be ok or not so I think I will see how I am tomorrow and decide then
  15. Hockeymum10

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    Thank you for your reply. I will decide in the morning I think
Back
Top Bottom