@CalciumHip
Thanks for the information and photos. I had the commode that sits on the toilet with arms also, but no longer use it. Our new ADA toilet sits next to a tile ledge so I am able to use that. I'm thinking if I need more , I could put some of those grab bars on each wall .
I'm thankful...
@CalciumHip
I should add that when I move around a bit , I don't feel as stiff. I still do not have full ROM . It much less than the 90 degrees needed to sit etc. just to clarify what I meant by limber.
@CalciumHip
I'm sorry your wife didn't get better news. Will keep you both in my prayers. I don't know if she has some of hip assistance items, but amazon has a hip kit that includes a long shoe horn, a reacher, a sock assist , and some other things. My wife bought some elastic shoe laces that...
Thank you for posting the articles and to members who have also given some helpful things to look at. Sometimes just reading about others in the same boat gives you hope. I see the dr in Chicago at the end of this week. I think the HO has stopped growing , but I'm not optimistic that he will...
My surgeon did recommend at least 1-2 months of NSAIDS before surgery. However, because I had several bleeds in my eye, the opthamologist had recommended not to take any NSAIDS at that point in time. The nurse that was explaining the protocol to us, regarding the THR and said that it was no big...
I had a THR in May 2016. There were bone spurs that had cut through my abductor muscle according to the surgeon. I do not have much range of motion in that hip after several attempts of PT. I had a good physical therapist but the heterotopic ossifications are growing in the front of my hip...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.