Recent content by Hipster624

  1. Hipster624

    THR 30 y.o. Bilateral THR, not progressing after 2nd surgery, need advice

    Since my replacements, I have had a number of changes in the pain I've had. Much of it is due to scar tissue near the hip flexors they found (prob from the first 2 surgeries and psoas release). I've also been having a somewhat stiff, sore pain that feels deeper within my hip, can't believe it...
  2. Hipster624

    THR 30 y.o. Bilateral THR, not progressing after 2nd surgery, need advice

    Josephine, I totally agree with the whole PT "what were they doing" thought. Before all this I was a competitive athlete and in training for a fitness competition so my only thought was maybe the way they were doing this was normal for someone trying to get back to the level I am. The problem is...
  3. Hipster624

    THR 30 y.o. Bilateral THR, not progressing after 2nd surgery, need advice

    Hi Poppet, I will do this in order so I don't forget any parts:) 1. Average pain now is about a 3 or 4, gets as bad as a 7? and as good as a 1. 2. I was off pain meds for about 5 weeks and have slowly begun taking them again over the last 3 weeks. I am taking Norco 10mg throughout the day. I...
  4. Hipster624

    THR: just found out I need one!

    Hey Paul, No I didn't. I wanted them but my surgeon doesn't do them for recovery reasons. I had a good recovery with my 1st but unfortunately with my 2nd, I haven't had the easiest time and they are ruling out a joint infection at the moment. My therapist is hopeful its just adhesive capsulitis...
  5. Hipster624

    Brand new here and a nervous wreck

    Hey Bionicmedic, I hate to say it but I love seeing young people on here. I know exactly what you mean about it being difficult to find people in a similar situation. I, too, am a Medic now unfortunately "retired" from my days on the streets and now work in an ER. The one piece of advice I...
  6. Hipster624

    THR: just found out I need one!

    Hi Paul, Welcome! We have quite similar stories. I am very active and went to the doctor to get my knees looked at only to leave the office that day with a surgical date for my hip, HA!... I can't speak about the "fancy" hip your surgeon speaks of but what I can tell you is I am a 30y.o. F who...
  7. Hipster624

    Timing between bilateral THRs?

    Hi LeoRuby, I just thought I'd give my two cents... I'm a 30y.o. F who just recently had bilateral THRs. I am young, was an avid cyclist (before this all began) and in very good shape so I was all for getting these done quickly and thought I would do fine with having them back to back. My...
  8. Hipster624

    THR 30 y.o. Bilateral THR, not progressing after 2nd surgery, need advice

    I'm a 30yo female who just had bilateral hip replacements (July 2013 and August 2013). These were my 4th and 5th hip surgeries and although my hips have had a lot of trauma with my surgical past, I improved and progressed regularly after the first THR. Started getting back into the swing of...
  9. Hipster624

    THR Post-op THR

    Oh and I am doing PT 3x/week for prob an hour and a half each session. We focus on manual work for about 30mins to try and deal with all the scarring. Then we do stretching and the last 40 mins or so is strengthening. Very simple right now. Quad sets, clam shells, straight leg lifts, balance...
  10. Hipster624

    THR Post-op THR

    Liveringer, I have a constant flow ice machine and I use it every night and throughout the day some. Josephine, my concern came more from the feeling that I have backtracked a little in the last week. I'm having more pain, more fatigue and have begun using pain meds again. Post op I was given...
  11. Hipster624

    THR Post-op THR

    Thanks Sharon, Im going to read through this and hopefully have a better idea of my whole situation. I realize I'm young and stubborn and just wanting life to be normal again... but I do know pushing things isn't going to help. Thanks!!!
  12. Hipster624

    THR Post-op THR

    Hi Shadow, Yes I am in PT 3x a week. We are doing what we can but I should also include that I have had an extensive surgical history on my hips in the last 2 years time. I am preparing for a THR on the other side in 4 weeks. According to my PT, one of the biggest culprits in this pain is that I...
  13. Hipster624

    THR Post-op THR

    I am new to the site and am 30y.o. and I am coming on 3 weeks post op of a THR and am looking for anyone who has had similar issues and can offer advice. My joint pain is basically nonexistent after the surgery but now, I am having terrible cramping/aching/pain all down my surgical leg. It...
Back
Top Bottom