Recent content by HipsAreForLife

  1. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    I’ve dialled way back on the physio since I first posted in terms of what I do outside of sessions, but in session she just keeps adding stronger resistance bands etc. I’m confused, I really am. My surgeon says physio is an important part of recovery and if I don’t do it then I won’t get better...
  2. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    Hi everyone. So today I’m 13 weeks. I’m still limping but less dependent on the stick. Still can’t cut my own toenails on the operated side. But have now got a seriously painful ankle. It’s gradually been getting worse for weeks - basically as soon as I started congratulating myself on my knee...
  3. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    An update - now hurtling towards 9 weeks and still feeling rubbish. After bursting into tears at the physio today (exhausted/no sleep/severe pain in groin/complete lack of adequate pain control (can’t take NSAIDS) physios thinks I have acute tendinitis. Since I first posted here I’ve been...
  4. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    This is maybe a daft question, but at what point do I know I’ve healed? The implication was definitely by 6 weeks but clearly that’s not the case. I am currently afraid I’ll never not have pain so I’m not sure how useful a measure that will be.
  5. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    Thanks for your responses everyone, it’s been really interesting to see an entirely different perspective. For my own clarity I made a list of everything I’m supposed to be doing according to the physio. When I look at it all together rather than in the dribs and drabs it’s been given to me, I...
  6. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    Morning, everyone. After all your advice yesterday I spent the rest of the evening lying on the recliner with a bag of frozen peas in my groin and didn’t do my last two sets of exercises (as well as the ones I listed above, I’m meant to do bridges, knee slides, and multiple step ups). Overnight...
  7. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    Thanks everyone. That all very different from the PTs view ‘recovery happens in rehab’ ‘you recover in proportion to your effort’ etc. I’ve been really worried that all this pain is a sign of something else gone wrong. Re analgesia - basically I’ve had none. From day two (after one night in...
  8. H

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    Hi, I had a right THR on 25 Feb - so 7 weeks ago today. I was desperate to have it done and felt I went into it with a really positive mindset but I’m feeling mentally and physically a bit rubbish now as I feel my level of pain and disability is no better than it was pre-op. I’ve worked really...
Back
Top Bottom