Recent content by HipRev2

  1. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Yes..it should be Left THR, is that right?:blush: Oops!
  2. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    EalingGran Can you tell me a little more about the effects of your hyper mobility on your joints, if any? I’m asking because I suspect the ultimate reason that I had a THR and a TKR fail and require revisions with new prostheses is because of the hyper mobility Issue. My shoulder replacement is...
  3. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Thank you for “fixing” me, Layla! :) the September 2019 surgery was a TLH, not right! Thank you for catching my mistake! And thank you for putting my post where it belongs. AND thank you for caring! EalingGran and sisters in him- thank you also for responding. It is so good to know that I am...
  4. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Hi, I am so thankful that this place exists!! Where else would we go? I hate to bore you with the backstory, but I need to ask a question, so I need to explain.. I had a terrible experience with a TKR Revision 2 years ago ( Surgeon broke my femur taking out old prosthesis, he injected my...
  5. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    @Maddie143 Thank you for the acupuncture suggestion! I talked to my physical therapist, and she thinks that when the knee heals a bit more, we can dry dry needling to help the peroneal nerve. Very helpful!
  6. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    @Magsmom I really appreciate your encouragement and I agree with everything that you said!! And I hope you run into The Boss!! How cool!! Thank you to every single person who took the time to comment. In my opinion, this website is an oasis of information, comfort and kinship! It's a MUST for...
  7. HipRev2

    TKR Ankle, Foot Swelling, Foot Drop Issues After Left TKR

    @Jockette Thank you for your help!:)
  8. HipRev2

    TKR Dropped Foot

    @gdgranata I would love to when/if/how the foot drop resolved itself? I Was just told it may take 9 mos to 18 months, which is better than never…trying to find out from other people what their outcomes were? Thank you so much!
  9. HipRev2

    TKR Ankle, Foot Swelling, Foot Drop Issues After Left TKR

    @Lucy1 However, I noticed that I had a lot of numbness in my left foot while I was still in the hospital. The PT there told me that it was probably due to the nerve blocks used and it may take "a little while" for my foot to recover. But I never got a straight answer about how long of a time...
  10. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Yesterday, in the surgeon’s waiting room, a total stranger saw the state of my foot drop and started lecturing me on “looking ahead and not looking back”. And I hadn’t complained to her. Or said a word, for that matter. Well, if she saw me today, perhaps I would earn her unhelpful comments...
  11. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    ANDDDD...I have a question... I apologize for repeating myself but this is a domino effect situation...I'm not allowed to bend the TKRR knee that's in a brace, so I haven't been to PT yet. I'm hopeful that I'll get the go-ahead to start PT at 6 weeks (next week). My gentle PT has never hurt me...
  12. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Thank you to the moderators and other women who’ve responded. I really appreciate it so much! I’m not proficient at navigating around this site, so I hope this goes out to the right people! @sistersinhim Thank you for the TKR recovery reminders. Though this is not my first rodeo (haha) it is...
  13. HipRev2

    TKR Peroneal nerve issue after TKR?

    Hi Magsmom! I just had a TKR revision on 2/14/22 - which resulted in several issues, one being that my peroneal nerve was either compressed somehow or punctured with the anesthesia needle used during surgery. So I came home with foot drop. I also have nerve pain, but it is on the top of my foot...
  14. HipRev2

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Hi, My situation seems unique, but surely it isn't. I am here to learn, to get support so I don't feel so alone, and sometimes confused.I had a TKR revision on Valentine's Day- 2022.(Can I be on the Valentine list please? Amazing what I can get a dart of pleasure from these days:loll:) ...All...
  15. HipRev2

    Revision THR How long did it take your REVISION to heal?

    Well! I didn't expect such immediate, compassionate, and helpful responses (including the sweet emojis from Debru4 and Celle). Thank you all for your input. I have decided not to go to Scotland, largely based on how painful physical therapy was yesterday and your helpful insights. PT has not...
Back
Top Bottom