Recent content by Hipittyhop

  1. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Thank you Layla and Eman85, I’m pretty sure you are both right. Sometimes though, it’s good to hear it from others with personal experience. I am hoping that things settle down, I guess we are advised that it takes 6-12 months for a reason I will stay strong, follow a sensible exercise...
  2. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Hi everyone, I’m now around 3 months post op. Apart from a little incision discomfort every now and again, my hip is good! My knee, not so great! No arthritis was detected in my knee when I had my left knee x-rayed. However, after walking for a while the inner knee becomes sore and painful...
  3. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    My physio gave it to me, so it’s all fairly regular and I do it 3 x daily. Although when he first gave it to me, I misread it and thought I had to do 3x10 or 3x6 reps whatever the reps were 3 times a day when I should have been doing 1 set of 10 reps or 1 set of 6 reps three times a day...
  4. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Hello fellow hippies ☺️ Hope all is going well for you. I have a question …… I am nearly 6 weeks post op, doing lots of stuff around the house, not using any support indoors. I walk about 1.5 miles a day. I can take of myself, have ditched the ‘special’ stool, the raised toilet seat but still...
  5. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Awww… thank you Layla! I was exhausted after the birthday celebrations but I loved every single minute ❤️ I don’t know where the last four weeks have gone, but I’m pretty happy with my progress . This group has helped enormously, sending thanks to all and I hope everyone is enjoying a...
  6. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Thank you all for your replies Very helpful! I’m mostly crutch free indoors - my physio gave me good advice. If you are walking something like a catwalk model without support, then fine! But, if you are walking an ‘ugly walk’ then pick up the crutch again I feel much better reading your...
  7. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Hi again, I am now three and a half weeks post-op. I’m trying to walk 1 mile plus a day, down to using one crutch. My question is - is it normal to feel exhausted at the end of the day! I’m worn out ….
  8. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Thank you to those who replied re: sitting/lying/sleeping issues. I am now 17 days post op and have been enjoying pain-free sleeping and sitting for some days now! I can complete all tasks, showering, dressing etc. During the first week post-op I couldn’t see how I would progress - now I...
  9. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    The date of surgery was 15th September and it is my left hip. Thank you X
  10. H

    THR Sitting/lying ….

    Good morning, I am 5 days post-op and my biggest issue is finding a comfortable sitting and lying position. I’ve used cushions and pillows to pad the area but nothing works‍♀️ Suggestions welcome
Back
Top Bottom