Recent content by hiphiphooray

  1. hiphiphooray

    1 year later

    Hi Bone Smart friends! Happy to report that at 1 year post-op I am doing great. NO pain, my back has finally settled down and I am training for my first half marathon!! Will never regret my decision to replace my ailing hip and move on with my life. Hope the new year brings you all health and...
  2. hiphiphooray

    Frustrated after 6 months!!

    The surgeon measured me at 6 weeks and there was no actual discrepancy even though at that point I could not stand with my feet together at all. He was the one that suggested the lift. I only wear it really when I am at work (it's in my tennis shoes that I wear to work) but otherwise I haven't...
  3. hiphiphooray

    Frustrated after 6 months!!

    So I am now 6 months post op and am really getting frustrated and discouraged! I still have some length issue with the op leg being longer ( whether perceived or actual I'm not sure) and it is really messing with me. I have a heel lift that I have worn since about 6 weeks post op. My hip is...
  4. hiphiphooray

    3 month mark!

    Thanks for all the encouragement. Had a rough day at work yesterday ( I am an ER nurse) and 12 hours really kicked my butt (yes Celeste, my "weak" but getting stronger butt! lol). My hip was really sore and my back ached when I got home. After popping a Vicodin and a few ibuprofen and resting...
  5. hiphiphooray

    3 month mark!

    It's been a while since I visited my Bone Smarties and thought I'd check in. It's been 3 months since my surgery and things are doing fairly well. I started back at work Tuesday and lived through my first 12 hr shift with my new hip. Body held up well, but finding that I am more tired today. Hip...
  6. hiphiphooray

    You can do anything you like

    Sounds like you pretty much got a green light! Way to go in both the lift of limitations and still knowing to take it easy. It's a hard thing to balance. I also like the description. "Wince" actually describes pretty accurately the feeling I still have in my hip as well. Just enough to remind me...
  7. hiphiphooray

    Adventures in physical therapy

    Way to go Hipper!!! Every little step is an accomplishment. I am not able to do as many reps yet of my exercises as they would like me to, but I'm getting better each day. It's all about baby steps these days! :th_yay:
  8. hiphiphooray

    5 weeks today,

    I would call and let your OS know about the calf pain. It probably is not a clot, but then again I have seen some with the only presenting symptom being calf pain. Better to be safe than sorry. Way to go on the mobility!! Sounds like you are taking off and progressing well. Hope the calf pain...
  9. hiphiphooray

    Adventures in physical therapy

    OK.......I'd better have Buns of Steel after this next month.:snk: My left cheek is on FIRE!! Can definitely tell that it is working the right muscle, just need to work on my form. I felt myself utilizing my right back muscles to help stablize myself and had to stop and repostion myself and...
  10. hiphiphooray

    Adventures in physical therapy

    So I had my PT session today only to be told that I have a "weak butt"!! Well, that's not exactly how she put it but that was the gist. She is attributing my back pain to having a weak left gluteal muscle and weak core muscles. She did some strength tests with my legs and I was amazed at how weak...
  11. hiphiphooray

    10 days post op

    Happy belated birthday Amy and congrats on the new hip! I am just over 7 weeks post op and finally feeling human again. The first few weeks drag on but it will start to go by faster. Keep us updated on your progress! This site has been a lifesaver. :smile:
  12. hiphiphooray

    7 weeks today!!

    So the appt with my OS went well. He said everything looks great per my postop films and anatomically, everything lines up well. He did quickly look at both legs together and figures I have a "functional" (as opposed to an anatomical) LLD of about 1 inch due to what he called, abduction...
  13. hiphiphooray

    7 weeks today!!

    The 7 week mark hit today and I'm feeling human again!! Walking with a slight limp still but the LLD is sooooo much better. I can stand flat footed with both feet together. This may not sound like a big deal but I couldn't do this even a week ago. The joint still feels pretty stiff but I am...
  14. hiphiphooray

    6 week mark!

    Jamie- I wasn't sure how ab exercises would affect my hip so I've been waiting until my follow up on the 13th. I can't see that it would hurt it though. I just don't want to do anything that might even remotely hinder my progress! I worked out quite a bit prior to surgery and up until a few...
  15. hiphiphooray

    6 week update

    YAY Brenda!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear you are healing well. I am also 6 weeks today and feel like I am well on the road to "normal" again. And you were right when you said it feels like forever ago that we had our surgery. 6 weeks just flew right by!!
Back
Top Bottom