Recent content by HipButSquare

  1. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Well, I went to a few sessions of physical therapy and wound up with Covid. They told me other people had called in sick when I called in sick. Wonderful. This happened one week after I got the Moderna shot. I haven’t tested positive for Covid in five years. No more physical therapy for me...
  2. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    I believe the MARS scan is a software based processing of the MRI images. Without MARS, the MRI can return a result that says “scattered,” meaning that the images are basically unusable. I didn’t bring up the second opinion. I’m willing to give this a chance before getting a second opinion. I...
  3. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    This morning, I saw my surgeon. He ordered a special MRI that subtracts the metal from the images. I think is it called MARS. That will happen in the beginning of November. He also gave me a script for physical therapy. I start next week. I don’t walk much these days. I hope the pain is...
  4. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Thanks for the support. He hasn’t suggested getting a second opinion. I could ask about that at my next appointment.
  5. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Well, it’s funny. My wife had a labrum tear repaired at HSS. It is a highly rated place but I don’t know if my current insurance covers me there. It wouldn’t be easy to get treatment in New York when I no longer live in New York but people travel for treatment all the time. When I was waiting...
  6. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Someone mentioned to me that certain types of hip implants are associated with mid thigh hip pain I fed a question to Claude AI and was told that cementless implants with extensively porous surfaces are implicated. I know my implant is cementless. I’m not sure if it’s surface is considered...
  7. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    I read over your post again. You’re brave to take on so much. In some ways, a house can offer easier accessibility than an apartment, but access to services is a concern. You have gotten me to include this French term, • “immeuble accessible PMR” (PMR = personnes à mobilité réduite) in my...
  8. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Oh, thanks for moving this to the general discussion. I guess it doesn’t matter while I wait for some resolution on my condition. Do I move it back when I get word? We have decided against houses, so, rural France is out of the picture. My wife doesn’t drive, so, a rural house would put a lot...
  9. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    My wife and I were in the planning stages to move to France when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. So, we canceled the move. Now, I’m past the cancer surgery but struggling with hip pain. I can’t do the work around the house to get it ready to sell. I can’t imagine doing all of the walking...
  10. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I had terrible bursitis in the first year after the hip replacement but worked through it. The cortisone shot I had in my hip before the replacement surgery did almost nothing. Within a few days of the shot, I was back to struggling to climb up and...
  11. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Thanks. Life moves from the disability of infancy to the disability of old age. I was just hoping for a few more decades of limited disability, as I am 60. I was in a good place after fighting through bursitis but, now, I’m back to square one. I don’t know what it will take to recover...
  12. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Thanks. One always hopes for another chapter. I was car-free for 20 years in New York. I walked everywhere. It’s hard to accept not being able to walk very far. The next chapter we planned required me to walk every day, like in New York. That plan is now in jeopardy.
  13. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Life is for the living. Who else can it be for? Nobody can live in a state of permanent mourning, although many who lost loved ones that day have suffered greatly. My first thought was to run down there to help but I didn’t do it. Perhaps that saved me from an early death by cancer. All those...
  14. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Well, I have PTSD from that day. I can add that to my list of ailments, those being prostate cancer and the hip replacement. Six months before 9/11, I interviewed on the 86th floor of Tower II. I didn’t get the job. I spent my time in a conference room, after finishing their test, trying to...
  15. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Thanks. The cane should come in handy for blocking closing subway doors. New Yorkers have the ability to ignore people, no matter what they wear. I don’t think you can offend them. Bill Cunnigham, a former fashion photographer for the New York Times, teased out the latest fashions by...
Back
Top Bottom