Recent content by hikertina

  1. H

    PKR Kelster11 Recovery Thread

    I am right there with you. I have been a nurse for 45 years but this experience has taught me things I never knew. Hope it is all coming together
  2. H

    TKR Steroid injection for IT/Sciatica

    I am 11 weeks out from partial knee replacement. Also recently with IT band issues. My PT used these tools on my IT band and hard to endure this treatment, it was magic for improvement. Now doing stretches and using lacrosse ball on trigger spots. Have also put in regular massage sessions All...
  3. H

    TKR 3 months out/ snapping sharp pain on left front of knee

    I had my knee replacement on 9/27 and close to my 3 month mark. I had a similar problem and one of my super smart PT‘s figured out it was related to IT band. He worked on IT band tightness with these tools (a bit painful for sure) but once tightness worked out pain was gone. He also told me to...
  4. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    Post op week 9 today I went back to work at 6 weeks and everything is going very well. Compression stockings have been super helpful in going back to work I have also paced appropriately. I don’t hesitate to go to bed early. Easy when it gets dark at 5.
  5. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    @Frenchi Love hearing you are also doing well and progressing. We can both celebrate when back doing what we love and being active again And yes to that darn night time pain. Was definitely a challenge there at times
  6. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    Thank you Interesting to know that about partials. I did have a very talented surgeon. I work in the same health system so was aware of his reputation and experience
  7. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    I am doing amazing! Not sure if it is because it is partial but my recovery has been way ahead of schedule. I have completely met ROM goals Working now on strength and endurance. I walked on a damaged knee for almost 3 years and knew I had severe imbalance and compensation issues. Really did...
  8. H

    TKR Is this normal?

    Thank you so much for all the great advice as well as the support and acknowledgment of this difficult journey. I am 2 weeks out partial knee today. I could never have been prepared for doing this alone. Yes each day seems like a repeat loop. My psyche has definitely been wounded. What has...
  9. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    Question I am post op day 9 Left partial knee replacement My walking is pretty good, I don’t need an assistive device. My flexion and extension are apparently amazing. I did very little to push the first week and just allowed myself to rest. Having weird numbness or parathesias in entire...
  10. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    Post op day 6 today I am doing pretty good. A couple of lessons learned. Living alone has been harder post op than I imagined. I was honest today and told some work friends I am struggling with the isolation. As a result, I should be getting a few visits. Also my orthopedic team had a huge...
  11. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    Hello seatides and fellow knee recovery team members, Today is also Post op day 4 (feels like day 40 sometimes) Left partial knee replacement- medial compartment I am doing pretty good overall. Hardest thing is isolation and being alone. I hired a private caregiver to help but ended up...
  12. H

    PKR Post op day 2 partial knee

    I had a left partial knee replacement 2 days ago (medial compartment) Post op issues have been pain, fever, fatigue, etc. I am taking the Oxycodone and Acetaminophen regularly Today is a bit better. I live alone so have to move around
  13. H

    TKR September partial knee

    I had signed up for joint awareness day but was at work and heard only a little bit. Is there a way to access recording?
  14. H

    TKR September partial knee

    Hope I am in the right place Having partial left knee replacement on 9/27 - new date after rescheduled Medial compartment I live alone and doing this pretty much solo Any other solos out there?
  15. H

    PKR Partial knee replacement 8/9

    Left knee, medial compartment
Back
Top Bottom