Recent content by Hiker2

  1. H

    THR Nerve damage - Anterior approach

    Update - I am now at about nine months post op. The affected area has been gradually improving. Sensation is returning well.
  2. H

    THR Nerve damage - Anterior approach

    Thanks all for your comments. Not sure if it's minimizing or not yet.
  3. H

    THR Nerve damage - Anterior approach

    Six weeks ago I had an anterior THR. All went well except I now have an area of my front/outer thigh, about 6" x 10", which has lost normal sensation, apparently due to damage to the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. I believe this is quite common, but that sensation is not always fully...
  4. H

    Questions about bone on bone pain 3 months pre-op

    Josephine, Your comment is really surprising in regard to my own situation. I have no cartilage left in my right hip. I expect that means I am bone on bone. However I very rarely take pain medication. I don't get much pain, although I am certainly losing mobility. My theory is that I do a fair...
  5. H

    Can't make a decision for total hip replacement

    Minnie15, I have been interested in following your thread in relation to my own situation. I don't have any cartilage left in my right hip and have been contemplating surgery. I don't get much pain. I rarely need to take pain killers; Maybe one paracetamol tablet about once a month. I walk with...
  6. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    Thanks all. So titanium is an OK metal?
  7. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    I have asked the surgeon and that is what will be used for me. I'm just wondering if there have been any problems with these materials. I know that there have been some problems with various metals.
  8. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    Would people be so kind as to give their opinions on the use of the following materials for hip replacements: The implant = cement free stem (made of titanium) The acetabular component = cement free and made of titanium. The bearing surface is ceramic liner and a ceramic head.
  9. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    Yes, there certainly is a lot of valuable and interesting material on this site.
  10. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    Thank you for your comments. Now I really don't know what to make of it all.
  11. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    https://www.regenexx.com/new-hip-replacement-device-causes-tumors-13-patients/ https://www.regenexx.com/metal-hip-replacement-genetic-instability-round-2/ https://www.regenexx.com/new-research-hip-replacement-devices-wear-particiles/
  12. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    Hi Jaycey. Thanks for your reply. Regenenexx has sent me information about studies that have been done showing these results. Would you like me to post the links?
  13. H

    Are there any dangers in hip implants

    Hi all, I'm told by the doctor & specialist that I will soon need a RTHR. I am bone on bone on the right side. Fortunately I don't suffer much pain at all, but I am losing flexibility. I rarely take any painkillers. I am starting to look at options. I came across Regenexx stem therapy but I...
Back
Top Bottom