Recent content by heyruth

  1. heyruth

    TKR new year, new knee

    Hi, this has been an up and down week for me. Monday was my 8 week mark. I'm still taking Vicodin and the Tylenol cocktail. Called OS office to get pain med refill and was told what I was dreading. " no more pain meds after 8 weeks". I explained that I take the Vicodin mostly at night and...
  2. heyruth

    TKR new year, new knee

    Hi Josephine, thanks for your advice and yes I have read the articles more than once. Trying to get the " no pain MORE gain " into my head. Roy, thanks it is simple. I know my knee will improve on its time table, not the PTs Icep, nice to hear from you. I've been reading your thread for...
  3. heyruth

    TKR new year, new knee

    Thanks Jamie, I need to keep reminding myself.
  4. heyruth

    TKR new year, new knee

    Hi All, PT went well yesterday! Got to 110 and my extension was -2. She said it might be too soon, but had me practice going down a step. It was a beautiful day and really 1st day of feeling pretty good and maybe getting a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel! I knew I would really...
  5. heyruth

    TKR new year, new knee

    Hi All, today is 7 weeks out. Had my 6 week dr appt last Monday. Doctor is happy with everything, but said my ROM is behind. He upped my PT and said this is my window now to get it moving. I had it to 104, went back down to 95. Last weekend it went to 105 to 107( with the PT really pushing...
  6. heyruth

    TKR My Recovery - Kitty Blankets

    Hi Sadybug13, I'm Heyruth and I had my LTKR done 1 day before you on the 20th. Today was my first post on here although I found this site around my 2-3 week mark. Not being able to sleep at night, I repeatedly found myself drawn back to this forum and realized I wasn't the only one in this...
  7. heyruth

    TKR new year, new knee

    Hi, just wondered if anyone else had this issue? After the staples came out, the scar was extremely sensitive. I couldn't stand my pant leg rubbing against it and it drove me crazy at night when the sheets touched it. I tried wrapping my knee in Saran Wrap like I had seen online, but after...
  8. heyruth

    TKR new year, new knee

    Hi Everybody, I've been reading the posts on here and have been wanting to also add my experience. It's not like I don't have enough time, but I kept saying I'll post later. Now its 6+ weeks and I'm finally doing it. I had LTKR on Jan 20, 2014. Had spinal and surgery went well. Doctor...
Back
Top Bottom