Recent content by hemaknee

  1. H

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    WRD, I haven't caught up and read all your posts... I'm sorry you are dealing with many complications. But have you tried dry needling? My PT performs this for me, on occasion. It is similar to acupuncture but addresses the muscles. I have had good luck with it in my calf. It seems to release...
  2. H

    TKR Hematoma in the knee

    Hello! A little update! It has been about 6 weeks since I had my LOA and MUA and 4 MONTHS since my TRK, I am finally starting to see some results. Last week, I was able to make a full rotation on a bike. The seat is very high and I'm on my tip toes, but I can do it! And it wasn't painful! I can...
  3. H

    TKR Hematoma in the knee

    Hello Jockette, I had my LOA and MUA on Friday, April 1st.
  4. H

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Sorry, I didn't refresh and I now I see your response. Thanks you! I do hope the swelling goes down and it improves for you. You definitely been through a lot! It's so hard to know what to do. There are so much information and yet, it seems, nothing seems to help. Patience is what I keep...
  5. H

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Also, WFD, Did you seek out an arthrofibrosis doctor? Was your surgery done by the arthrofibrosis doctor?
  6. H

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Hello WFD, I'm sorry you've had a set back. That is very frustrating. Thank you for your chart and pictures of the equipment that you use. I appreciate you sharing your progress and story. I just had my LOA and MUA, 3 days and a week ago. The first few days I had better range and the knee...
  7. H

    TKR Hematoma in the knee

    Thanks Jockette! I appreciate your input. I am trying to take it more easy and be careful of the swelling. It has been difficult as I was hoping to return to work sooner than later. The doctor tells me returning to work could be done 6-8 weeks and I was being hopeful. I see now that can only be...
  8. H

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Good evening WFD! Thank you for your posting and information. I just heard back from the doctor I will need a LOA/MUA. Surgery is set for Friday. I asked about the CPM machine, which he is not in favor of. It makes me nervous to see how meticulous you have been on your measuring and calculations...
  9. H

    TKR Flexdixon88’s Recovery Thread

    Flexdixon88 - yes, please let us know what you hear from the doctor. I'm very interested to hear. I had my surgery on Jan. 17th, developed a hematoma, and my ROM is still only at 60-70. I need to work everyday to gain that amount of range, too. I hear how frustrated you are. Dealing with my...
  10. H

    TKR Hematoma in the knee

    Hello Jamie, I really appreciate your support through this website! My visit with the doctor was yesterday. He felt the hematoma has subsided and now I have scar tissue. I was confused of when that might have happened. To me it felt like I was still dealing with the hematoma. He said I need to...
  11. H

    TKR Hematoma in the knee

    Hello Jamie, (First of all, I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly. Please forgive me if I'm not following the thread correctly) Thank you for all of your excellent advise. I have communicated with the dr and am planning to visit with them beginning of next week. The wound is improving...
  12. H

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Best of luck with your recovery! It sounds like you have been through a lot!
  13. H

    TKR Hematoma in the knee

    Thank you WRD! Did you ever wait one one out? My doctor didn't want to aspirate it when I first got it because of infection. I was wondering how long I should wait. Or do I wait the hematoma out and get a MUA?
  14. H

    TKR Hematoma in the knee

    Hello! Needing help and advise, please. I had my surgery on Jan. 17, 2022. It will be 7 weeks this Monday. Eleven days after TKR, I felt a swoosh sensation into my knee joint. I had instant pain, swelling, no mobility. It looks and feels like there is a baseball in my knee. I'm confused on...
Back
Top Bottom