Recent content by harry47

  1. H

    PKR PKR recovery going well so far

    I'm at day 11 post surgery. I started walking with no aids on day 7. So far, worst experience has been initial pain and nausea. I used oxy for pain and it worked well but with side effects. I think antibiotic caused some nausea but I'm done with the drug but some nausea remains. Sleep has been...
  2. H

    PKR PKR recovery going well so far

    I was able to walk to bathroom after surgery using a walker. By the 5th day, I was using a cane.
  3. H

    PKR PKR recovery going well so far

    The slide on shower sleeve I used worked very well. I took a shower 2 days after surgery and it sealed the bandaged area.
  4. H

    PKR PKR recovery going well so far

    As it turned out, I didn't need one of these. I was able to extend my surgical knee and lift myself up. I also had a counter top and tub edge close enough for support.
  5. H

    PKR PKR recovery going well so far

    My PKR was February 4th, 2025. Question about showering. My surgeon's PA said no showers for 2 weeks. But I found this cast knee protector on Amazon that supposedly provides reuseable watertight bandage protection. It slips over the knee and seals it and lower leg. Any opinions?
  6. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    No, not elevated. Not looking forward to this.
  7. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    I cancelled and then rescheduled after a c spine concern. My spinal doc gave me a greennlight for the pkr after reviewing MRIs. I have to get up during the night for short walks to the bathroom. After surgery, will I be able to do that? Only 15' walk.
  8. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    Hospital postponed pkr to 2/4. Thank you.
  9. H

    TKR Seeking Insight Re: Robotic Option or Not

    My PKR is in 2 weeks and I chose the Mako option. My surgeon has good experience with the technology but I initially chose robotics from internet searches. Im hoping that this AI summary is accurate: Benefits Precision: The robotic arm helps the surgeon target the damaged area without harming...
  10. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    Thank you. Very informative.
  11. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    My surgeon's summary of the PKR I'm having is arthroplasty/replacement, Partial Knee Resurfacing Makoplasty. My knee does not have great pain and I walk and workout at gym like normal. I'm really hoping this will end up being a minor surgery. I'm told operation will be 60 to 90 minutes.
  12. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    How was your sleep experience? I had a shoulder torn rotator cuff repair last December and sleep was impossible for 3 weeks. I could only semi sleep sitting in a recliner.
  13. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    Question about showering. My surgeon's PA said no showers for 2 weeks. But I found this cast knee protector on Amazon that supposedly provides reuseable watertight bandage protection. It slips over the knee and seals it and lower leg. Any opinions?
  14. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    Yes, medial. My surgeon replaced my hip 9 years ago. At the time my biggest worry was not being able to play tennis again. She assured me that I would and she was correct. Same concern now with knee. I'm hoping she'll again reassure me during our next pre-op.
  15. H

    PKR PKR in January?

    Thank you. Surgery is set for 1/28/25. This is the MRI impression: 1. Osteochondral lesion involving the weightbearing surface of the medialfemoral condyle with flattening of the articular cortex and fluid tracking underthe cortex which appears to represent an in situ fragment. This is worse...
Back
Top Bottom