Recent content by grizz

  1. G

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    Most definitely. I am a few weeks ahead 2/10 LTKR. it will get better. Nerves and muscles are all beginning to awake and fire up again. Stick to pain meds, ice, and walking. hang in there
  2. G

    TKR Grizz Feb. 10, 2020 -TKR recovery

    Thanks for responding. Yes please change thread title (Grizz 2/10 TKR recovery) or to whatever you suggest is most appropriate. I did as suggested and spoke to both PT and OS. With all of the uncertainty with the transmission of the virus, they both suggested I not visit PT but continue an...
  3. G

    TKR Grizz Feb. 10, 2020 -TKR recovery

    How much is ones immune system compromised post TKR? Any suggestions on visiting PT locations? I live in CT and am a bit concerned about possible transmission of this virus. 62yo. 5 weeks post op. Comments welcome
  4. G

    TKR Grizz Feb. 10, 2020 -TKR recovery

    Yes this is no cake walk for sure. I’m 11 days out post op LTKR with Mako robotic assist. Experienced tremendous swelling of knee down thru lower leg and ankle. According to PT a lot of this is due to the surgical procedure with ROBOTIC MAKO. Bruising and black/blue becoming quite evident in...
  5. G

    TKR February 10 L TKR vs Quad rupture repair

    Thanks for the feedback. I realize the procedures are quite different. I had severe scar tissue formations with the quad repair due to lack of bending with the 7 weeks in a straight cast. But worked through it and made a good recovery. It did take a solid year to feel stable and pain free. I...
  6. G

    TKR February 10 L TKR vs Quad rupture repair

    Scheduled for L TKR on February 10. surgeon is using Mako robotic assist. I had a complete rupture of my R quadriceps tendon in 2017, requiring surgical repair With R leg in straight cast for 6 weeks with subsequent rehab and PT Just curious if anyone has experienced same and how does the...
Back
Top Bottom