Recent content by Gray Horse

  1. G

    THR Trendelenburg Gait and recovery

    I had a revision done of a resurfacing and the surgeon ruptured my Gluteus Medius. He did not tell me, or state it in the surgical report. I told him things weren't right, I couldn't walk up stairs, had a limp, etc. Well, I dislocated just sitting in my car. MRI showed full tear of Gluteus...
  2. G

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip pinning, increasing pain starting month 5

    I had Dr Sah in Fremont do my THR which was complicated due to a previously botched surgery, you might give him a try. There is a specific type of MRI used when you have hardware, it's called a MARS MRI.
  3. G

    THR Do I need to worry ?

    Trendelenburg gait is a walking style that's caused by weak hip abductor muscles, such as the gluteus medius and minimus. When these muscles are weak, the pelvis drops to the opposite side while walking, making it look like the person is swaying, limping, or missing steps
  4. G

    THR Do I need to worry ?

    This does not sound good. I had a resurfacing revision and the surgeon ruptured my gluteus medius, and didn't tell me. It was no where in the surgical report. He tried to fix it, drilling holes in my femur and attaching stitching material. I was never right (weakness, couldn't do stairs, joint...
  5. G

    THR Constraint Liner - Noise

    Just an update, I had a MRI and this is what they found: Overlying the right greater trochanter along the course of the healed posterior lateral approach, there is an apparent fluid collection measuring up to 6.9 cm. This could reflect postoperative seroma, however this may communicate with the...
  6. G

    THR 19 months later and still struggling

    NO I had to have another surgery to repair the tendon and was converted to a THR with constrained liner.
  7. G

    THR 19 months later and still struggling

    For those of you experiencing weakness, let me share my story. I went for a resurfacing revision to have the cup replaced. I was in horrible pain after surgery (this wasn't my first rodeo), the leg never regained strength, couldn't do stairs, felt unsteady when doing things like shaving my legs...
  8. G

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Wow, that's some artwork there! It makes sense, they basically rebuilt your bone. I have the same looking device with the constrained liner to help with dislocation problems. When they were talking to me about a possible infection, they said all the device is pulled out and temporarily replaced...
  9. G

    THR Constraint Liner - Noise

    I had an x-ray @ 7 months and mentioned the noise to his assistant. I will follow up with my surgeon, just was hoping it would go away...
  10. G

    THR Constraint Liner - Noise

    Anyone have a liner that is making noise? I'm over 9 months out from surgery, so it's definitely the hardware and not tendons. About 50% + of the time when walking. :shrug:
  11. G

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Nothing better than getting home to your dog and your own bed! :loveshwr::dogsniff::dogwalk: Take it easy and remember to rest and eat well as your body has been fighting that infection.
  12. G

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Sounds like you are in good hands! I had a scare that they thought a dislocation was infection related. They are doing the right thing by placing a spacer and clearing the infection before another implant....otherwise you will continue to dislocate. I hope surgery went well, have patience...you...
  13. G

    Revision THR Complex Revision poor outcome Ehlers Danlos

    Flower, did DR Sah put in your original constraint liner? I sent you a private message..
  14. G

    THR Years after hip replacement

    Bursitis? But surely a DR would have picked up on that, as they can do injections to help that. Have you tried deep tissue massage?
Back
Top Bottom