Recent content by graveday

  1. G

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    So how is your knee doing?
  2. G

    TKR New here.

    Thank you for your points. Actually, out of ten possible weeks of PT, I have missed three. One due to bleeding, and the last two due to swelling. Looks like I will not be getting treatment this week either. However we may have a culprit for the swelling, the hot feel, and the purple look...
  3. G

    TKR New here.

    Hello. I was supposed to see the surgeon today, but they bumped me to next week. It would have been an eight week checkup, but will now be a nine week checkup. I was so looking forward for some feedback about continued swelling, redness, and a hot feel. Yesterday my PT folks sent me home as...
  4. G

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    I have shared the message, not the actual post with my wife. As I may have mentioned she is a retired ICU nurse and I have heard they tend to 'go by the book'. Long ago she had a partial knee replacement and was back at work after four weeks. She thinks I am lagging. Well, guess I better do...
  5. G

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    Hello Rit387. I followed your link, and read your story. Thanks, I was heartened by what I read hear. I have been dealing with my wife, a nurse, who thinks I have 'lost my work ethic', lol. I tell her my knee tells me how much to do. At least I hope it is my knee and not some little lazy devil.
  6. G

    TKR New here.

    Hello again. Last week I started PT. Two sessions with a young man, very nice, who listened when I said if he causes pain I will leave. He can make me breathe hard, but not to the point where I feel pain, just some intense discomfort. I told him during the second session, hey, I still have...
  7. G

    TKR New here.

    Thank you all for your kind and wise words, which I have taken to heart. I have indeed been reading the links. It was the PA threatening me with MUA at ten days that got me searching until I found Bonesmart, so I guess I should thank her next time I see her. I now have little faith in her. I...
  8. G

    Revision TKR 2nd revision oct 1 recovery

    Hello PinckleyJ. I was reading Victor Frankl and came across this early on from the forward by Harold Kushner. ''I have known people who rose to the challenge of enduring the most terrible afflictions and situations as long as they believed there was a point to their suffering. Whether it was...
  9. G

    TKR New here.

    Hello. I just lost my draft and can't find it, so starting again, but maybe more briefly, lol. Had a left TKR on Feb. 16, 2021. Went in ten days later to get staples removed. The Physician Assistant asked me to move my very swollen leg and I could only do 45 degrees. She threatened me with...
  10. G

    Welcome to the February Valentines' 2021 Knee Recovery Club

    Hello, I had left TKR on Feb. 16, 2021. I discovered this site looking for info. Thank you for being here. Is this how I join the February group?
Back
Top Bottom