Recent content by GrannyButcher

  1. G

    Hip Infection* THR dislocations and Revision Surgery

    I am on my second Ortho now and a Infectious Disease Specialist I don't know all my exact dates but I will try the one I know for sure is my first dislocation it was so traumatic I will never forget ok My original replacement surgery was in February 2018 My first dislocation was April 20th 2019...
  2. G

    Hip Infection* THR dislocations and Revision Surgery

    Oops I forgot my tally I will have five surgeries, four dislocations, two six week rounds of home administered IV Vancomycin,three times my leg has been cut off and eight ambulance rides. Phew I don't think I can handle much more my right hip is also bad but it will have to be literally falling...
  3. G

    Hip Infection* THR dislocations and Revision Surgery

    Well to update I did the six weeks of Vancomycin and seemed to be fine and was scheduled to have second revision the day after Christmas so he could put in matching parts as mine were a mixed combo. The weekend after Thanksgiving I was sick and in an incredible amount of pain. My caretaker again...
  4. G

    Hip Infection* THR dislocations and Revision Surgery

    Thank You, I would like to know if anyone has heard of two totally different balls dislocating on the same person.
  5. G

    Hip Infection* THR dislocations and Revision Surgery

    I originally had my THR in February of 2018. On April 20th 2019 I suffered a dislocation of that hip the pain is indescribable. I was taken by ambulance to the ER where they sedated me and put it back in place and put me in a leg immobilizer. One month later it dislocated again and I was...
Back
Top Bottom