Recent content by Grammy1

  1. G

    TKR Experience from those who were "morbidly obese" and had TKR

    I had TKR in September so approx 14 weeks out- I weigh about 230 lbs 5’7 I hated to walk through the parking lot, go to grocery, Christmas shop or anything else where I had to walk.... I knew I was done and ready to get it taken care of, weight was not an issue with rehab, I lost weight the...
  2. G

    TKR Grammy1's Knee Recovery

    Question...12 weeks post op - my question is regarding swelling, I have quite a bit of swelling while standing still, or just general standing around... I don’t notice much swelling or tightness while walking, just while standing. I am assuming it’s just continuation of soft tissue healing. I...
  3. G

    TKR Grammy1's Knee Recovery

    Thanks so much, not trying to be super woman by no means, but did not want to set myself back either. PT stops this week, I do have, what I think is good ROM at 125, no more PT for me then. Stretching feels the best, and sleeping is still very interrupted....But making progress daily, using...
  4. G

    TKR Grammy1's Knee Recovery

    When is a good time to start building your quad muscle ? 8 weeks post op now , and went back to work full time last week, I walk at work quite a bit, PT says my muscles are week and need to build up the quads to relieve pain in the knee..... thoughts on this ? Knee aches especially at nite...
  5. G

    TKR Grammy1's Knee Recovery

    That’s what I had thought, I know I need exercise, but between the calf pain and the sleeplessness. It starts getting to you. I noticed today just doing laundry and fixing dinner, I can feel the swelling come right back. So now I’m on the couch with my ice packs- Thanks for your input...
  6. G

    TKR Grammy1's Knee Recovery

    Yes, Right TKR and I know I am very impatient lol
  7. G

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knees

    Hey there, I am almost 7 weeks out, Sounds very familiar, always in the evening, I do not have it as much now, but 2 weeks ago yes- yes it would get so hot, ice was the best, hope it’s just part of the healing for you - I can’t even imagine doing 2 at the same time !!
  8. G

    TKR Grammy1's Knee Recovery

    Good morning all! This group has been a breath of fresh air!! I felt alone dealing with something I was not sure was normal or not, but I see I am not alone !! RTKR 9/16/2020- I am doing well according to therapy ROM 120, close to zero on extension. Feeling so much better in just the last two...
  9. G

    TKR Grammy1's Knee Recovery

    Post op 6 weeks - surgery was on. 9/16/2020- this forum has been a breath of fresh air - I hit 120 ROM yesterday... paying for it today ....Slow and steady, I have trouble sitting still anyway, this had made me become more patient. My biggest complaint thus far out is calf pain. It aches and...
Back
Top Bottom