Recent content by GordonG

  1. GordonG

    TKR 12 days after surgery, a warning.

    Caution; venting ahead! I had TKR on left knee Feb 7th. Stayed one night in hospital. Been doing ok up till my pain meds ran out yesterday. I did not take too many at a time. The Dr prescribed too few. Here it is a sunday and tomorrow is a holiday so I'm on my own. The US medical health system...
  2. GordonG

    TKR Recliner leg extension?

    Thanks, I was wondering about it. I obviously won't be able to do as he asks all the time.
  3. GordonG

    TKR Recliner leg extension?

    Talking to my doctor at the pre-surgery appointment, I asked if I should get a foam rubber leg wedge for my leg when I'm laying down or in my recliner. He said no, do not get that. He wants my leg straight with a pillow under my foot/heel and the knee in the air so that gravity will help...
  4. GordonG

    TKR Hello, I'm new here, just registered.

    I received a package yesterday with the soap in it. It was ordered by the hospital.
  5. GordonG

    TKR Hello, I'm new here, just registered.

    New developments today. Got a call from doctors office saying that they forgot to give me the "special soap" to use prior to surgery. And that they have no results of a nicotine test. I told them that I don't smoke or use nicotine, but that they need the test. So I had to make a special run into...
  6. GordonG

    TKR Hello, I'm new here, just registered.

    Had my TKR in March 2023. Was tough on me, my family and my career but the best decision I ever made to be honest. It’s all about small victories all along the way. Focus on the next step, in your case, preparing yourself for the TKR. Lots of good people with good advice on here. You will wake...
  7. GordonG

    TKR Hello, I'm new here, just registered.

    Thanks! I know that having been through other more minor surgeries. This one is the biggest, most severe.
  8. GordonG

    TKR Hello, I'm new here, just registered.

    Thanks for the welcome posts. The doctors visit was good, actually met with his PA instead of the Dr, but that's ok, he is very knowledgeable and actually helps with the surgery. All of my questions were answered. He actually told me that there was a limit of 72 questions when I told him I had...
  9. GordonG

    TKR Hello, I'm new here, just registered.

    Thought I'd drop a note here. I've been reading some here off and on for the past few months. I really appreciate all the information that is on this site. It has helped a lot. I've known for about 6 months now that I'll be needing TKA surgery. I was just scheduled this week for February 7th. I...
  10. GordonG

    2023 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Left knee surgery (TKA) scheduled for Feb 7th.
Back
Top Bottom