Recent content by Gooniebird63

  1. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    Unfortunately, I will be terminated September 29...my birthday lol .
  2. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    I fell a few times while recovering, my fault. I just couldn't sit still, you know... kids needing car repairs and whatnot. I helped my son change the cv axle on his car a couple weeks after my first surgery. Yeah stupid, I know but I can't let my loved ones down and couldn't afford to give them...
  3. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    Too demanding on this fat old body of mine maybe? Idk
  4. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    Grannyhippy, the first guy said he may have "misjudged " what size cup to use. I allowed him to do the revision and never received a bill, other than for incidentals, meds, ect.
  5. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    I think I should just face the facts and give up on my career. My job is very physically demanding. 15 to 20 stops a day, in and out of the cab and trailer probably 60 to 80 times during the day. I just don't see myself doing that any longer, especially when I can't even handle a jaunt through...
  6. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    I can see if I can access the imaging from the copies of the disks that I made. I don't have the originals and the files require a reader software that didn't seem to copy properly to my burned copy.
  7. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    The Dr who suggested the cortisone was a third opinion, the first surgery and revision was done by the first guy, he then sent me to his colleague for a second opinion, that guy didn't want to make a sound decision on the issue so he referred me to a surgeon who only does hip and knees. She is...
  8. Gooniebird63

    THR Should I return to work?

    THR in 2015, revision in 2016 to replace loose liner in the socket. Other hip is 4 on a 1-10 scale as far as joint degeneration. 54 year old male, obese but otherwise healthy. Noticed severe clunking and a shifting feeling shortly after my first surgery to replace the bad joint. After the...
  9. Gooniebird63

    Choices...decisions

    Thank you all, the advice was unanimous, except for my one angry friend on Facebook... he says I should go wherever it's cheapest, that way if I die during surgery it will cost the taxpayers less lol, I didn't mention that it's a work comp injury. I already called scheduling for Mayo. I was...
  10. Gooniebird63

    Choices...decisions

    Thanks again jittery, Josephine and rhino1.
  11. Gooniebird63

    Choices...decisions

    Thank you Itzdor
  12. Gooniebird63

    Choices...decisions

    Thanks Irish Joe !
  13. Gooniebird63

    Choices...decisions

    I am in the process of setting up a second revision because of looseness and shifting and the inability to walk more than a few yards without pain. My question is.. My Dr. wants to send me to a surgeon who only does joint replacement and revision. My two location choices include... a two hour...
  14. Gooniebird63

    Revision THR WHY ME !?!?

    I did, the second opinion Dr. is who ordered the MRI, I was just wondering if any other members have experienced this and what they found out .
  15. Gooniebird63

    Revision THR WHY ME !?!?

    I have had earlier posts on this subject if you need more back-story. Basically, Had thr in 2015, revision in Aug 2016 to replace loose socket liner. Now, something is loose again,if i walk even short distances, I am in paingn and cannot take a step or even bear weight on that leg, sometimes all...
Back
Top Bottom