Recent content by Gill0416

  1. Gill0416

    TKR August right TKR recovery

    That’s good to hear! I’m looking forward to getting back to my 7-8 hours of sleep!
  2. Gill0416

    TKR August right TKR recovery

    Everything going pretty well. Home health only came 3 times as we moved to a place that was not easily accessible for them, so I have my first PT appointment on Tuesday at the hospital. I have been really good about doing PR on my own at home. I was off the oxycodone in Day 5, and also walking...
  3. Gill0416

    TKR August right TKR recovery

    I have been sleeping with a pillow longways under my calf and knee but I’m not sure I should be doing that. It’s just too uncomfortable to sleep or lay down with something under my ankle. Can someone please advise. My knee is pretty bent.
  4. Gill0416

    TKR August right TKR recovery

    Just had surgery on Monday. Was in a lot of pain on Tuesday when the nerve block wore off! Pain has been minimal today (4 days post op) so I came off the oxycodone and just took some ibuprofen. Doing well walking around without walker or cane. Doing my PT at home and all is going well!
  5. Gill0416

    TKR August right TKR recovery

    Made it through surgery. All was well until the nerve block wore off, then I experienced worst pain ever! Upped the oxicodone, and that seemed to help. I was very constipated until last night, now every time I go to the bathroom I have explosive diarrhea! PT came to th house yesterday to do some...
  6. Gill0416

    TKR TKR August 25th.

    Just wondering how long everyone stays on the meds after a TKR?
  7. Gill0416

    TKR Post Op meds for TKR

    Thank you! I did misunderstand the meds, and it is 4000mg of Tylenol per day, not every 4 hours! I’m a little concerned taking the oxycodone as that made me really sick, but they are going to give me zofran (anti nausea med) for that so hopefully will be okay. I have to check in at 5:45am on...
  8. Gill0416

    TKR TKR August 25th.

    I have joined as an Insider!
  9. Gill0416

    TKR Post Op meds for TKR

    Thank you! I just got back from a visit with my son. I will call the Nurse back tomorrow to discuss meds again. Makes me feel better that you think that is too high of a dose. She was supposed to send me an email with what was discussed, but I just checked and I did not receive that. I don't...
  10. Gill0416

    TKR Post Op meds for TKR

    I will be getting a right TKR on Monday, August 25th and I got a call from the nurse to go over medications. She said every 6 hrs I will need to take 4000mg of Tylenol, 400mg of Advil and 5mg oxycodone as needed. That sounds really excessive to me. Does that sound right? I’m a little concerned...
  11. Gill0416

    TKR TKR August 25th.

    Thank you, that helps a lot. I will be sure to have those concerns addressed during pre op.
  12. Gill0416

    TKR TKR August 25th.

    I was wondering if I should be doing any PT prior to my right TKS on 8/25. My leg is very stiff. Also, I remember the surgeon saying I should be starting PT 2x a week for 6 weeks, just not sure how long after surgery that starts? Does anyone know how long before I get my staples out after...
  13. Gill0416

    2025 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I will be getting a right TKR on August 25th, 2025
Back
Top Bottom