Recent content by Ghost Rider

  1. G

    TKR My knee surgery is on hold.

    I ended up doing my shoulder first and that is going well. I have posted in the shoulder area. So a lot has been happening this year. For a little while I was actually thinking I was going to be able to put off doing my knees a few more years. Since I have not been working (1/8) and not riding...
  2. G

    Rotator Cuff Repair Had surgery on 4/12

    Friday PT I used a little more gusto doing my new routine. The same exercises but I was able to move my shoulder easier and it was a little sore last night. I guess it's part of the game.
  3. G

    Rotator Cuff Repair Had surgery on 4/12

    I saw the doctor Tuesday and he is happy. He started me on active PT . I'm doing very well the single active PT session really made a difference. I needed to work the muscles a bit. I'm not wearing my sling unless I have to get very active, some unforeseen situation. I asked if I could ride...
  4. G

    Rotator Cuff Repair Had surgery on 4/12

    I should have thought to post here sooner. I know about this forum I was planning to do TKR and ended up doing my shoulder first. I had a LTKR scheduled for 4/12 and about 2 weeks prior I saw the doctor and asked if it makes sense to do my shoulder first. Without getting into the back story...
  5. G

    TKR Double TKR?

    Am I misunderstanding something here. I thought most doctors only will do one knee at a time it was to difficult doing PT on both knees at the same time. Am I wrong about that?
  6. G

    TKR Dr Richard Berger

    Some say he is one of the best. I meet with him and for multiple reasons he was not a good fit for me. I will say one thing his staff is fantastic. Out of all the doctors I have seen his is by far the best staff I have worked with. They do have people coming all over the world and they can help...
  7. G

    TKR March 8. L tkr

    @Jeanienewknee Me too, stopping by to say good luck. Even though luck is not really a factor. Everything I have read say PT is the most important factor. The biggest reason people have problems is they don't do it. You have to get moving, to the degree your doctor suggests everybody is different.
  8. G

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    You can change my date to 4/12 I'm for sure going with the new doctor. I spoke with an attorney who knows all the local doctors today and just by chance I told him I thought about using the first doctor, the one wanting to do the partial. He said "he's no good" So I'm good with that.
  9. G

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    Thanks I already made up my mind to switch surgeons. I even was able to read the results from my MRI saying all 3 compartments a arthritis, although all of my pain is from behind the kneecap. I had my 3rd opinion today and he also said I should get a TKR. The new doctor only does a few partials...
  10. G

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    Well the doctors are more conservative about their estimates. You will be very lucky to get 30 years of active life out of a TKR. The crapshoot is not knowing how long either will last and will I outlast my knees. As it turns out both doctors use the Smith and Nephew 30 year knee (cemented)...
  11. G

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    As far as the icing goes I also bought 2 of these earlier this year and extra ice bags for it, so I can ice constantly through out the day. The Velcro should offer some compression and I can walk around. Vive Knee Ice Pack More important than that. I am seriously considering changing doctors...
  12. G

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    @Muscleflex Thank you for the suggestion. But you're only 41 so sorry you needed the ice machine so many times.
  13. G

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    I simply do not like the staff at this office. I asked about ice machines and I was told insurance does not cover it. I could arrange to rent a Game ready machine or I could buy a similar machine from them for $500. I ran into the same issue when I wanted an MRI, knowing I could get MRIs at 100%...
  14. G

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    Thanks Celle. I read the links before from another thread, always good to look again. I am still very much interested in the Stryker cementless knee. I am running out of time to line up a doctor for that so I'm going for the partial. Am I correct that as far as additional bone loss from doing a...
Back
Top Bottom