Thanks, Chrissie. That does help. I have tried muscle relaxants too and they DO help but I only take them when the pain is at its worst. Massage is the other thing that consistently helps. My doctor said the same thing - the pain will eventually resolve itself.
Thanks for your response, Sissy. Before the MRI, my doctor was focused on my lumbar spine being the source of the sciatica and piriformis syndrome wasn't mentioned. After the MRI results showed nothing wrong with my spine, I took his comment about the sciatic nerve being generally irritated...
I got started with this group not long after my RTHR in March 2013 but endless complications afterward and depression kept me away from the group. Now I am 10+ months post-surgery and need some advice.
So one big complication I had was a crack in my greater trochanter (basically, the top of...
Hello all. I am writing again because I really need advice. I am 4 weeks post-op today and I continue to have this sharp pain in my right buttock when I walk. The pain is most intense there and then sometimes even shoots down the back and side of my leg all the way to my ankle. I called the...
Thanks, BarbaraR. That makes me feel better. No, my doc did not say anything about increasing pain once I become more active but that makes sense. Prior to my surgery I read so much about the anterior approach and how it is so much less painful than posterior and I've had this idea that I should...
First let me say that I love this site! I have relied quite a bit on the great advice you all have given on various topics. I am three weeks post op today. I had my 2 week appt with my surgeon last week and he said I'm doing great. My pain had decreased quite a bit and all seemed wonderful...
Thanks for all the great info everyone! I did talk to my doctor's office and they confirmed that with the anterior approach I can sleep in any position I wish. That is easier said than done, however. I have yet to be able to sleep on either side as it is too painful. Hopefully soon...
I had THR about one week ago and just found this great resource today. I have a specific question I hope someone can help with. I had sessions with physical and occupational therapists in the hospital but realized after I got home that, although they gave me lots of great info about many areas...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.