Recent content by Freebird88

  1. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Ok, everyone who has commented, thanks so much. First knee aspiration by a radiologist showed no growth on culture. A sharp doctor aspirated it again and found staph infection. I will have the 2 stage surgery on Thursday, October 14th. Will have new implant in early December if all goes well...
  2. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Thanks For Any and all advice. Can someone who has Had success with a Two-stage procedure please let me know. There seems to be some bad outcomes. I need positive Input from anyone who has done well after the 2 stage. Thanks so much
  3. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Hi all—i will undergo a second right knee TKR with a two stage surgery. Will have a spacer Put in to get rid of infection, then in a few months, the last part of the surgery will put in new prosthesis. Has anyone had this procedure and what was it like? How is the outcome.? Very fearful
  4. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Thanks everyone for your responses and advice. Especially Your Prayers. Going to new surgeon Next Week to Discuss revision surgery. I ‘m over this As it’s been a year. Something is not right. Recently tried to be normal and take a trip. Felt like an invalid. Could do very little. Will post...
  5. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Thanks gingerbread- please keep praying. I need to make a decision soon.
  6. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Thanks, Jessica. Need your prayers
  7. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Thanks for your prayers and wise explanation, Jamie. I see the new surgeon today so am praying for answers. I did have IV antibiotics for 6 weeks - did not fix the problem. May have the surgery but my primary care doctor is cautious due to my age, diabetes, blood clots in the past. Such a Delimma.
  8. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Yes- aspiration showed nothing growing on culture, but ID doc says that’s why she thinks it’s on hardware. So confused
  9. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Has anyone been diagnosed with infection ON THE HARDWARE? I had TKR right knee in October 2020. Still in pain when bending the knee, shooting pain sometimes at night. Only mild pain when walking. Tests were all negative except elevated neutrophils and c-protein reactive, but these were not off...
  10. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Moderator- in answer to your original question, my initial surgery on right knee was October 6, 2020.
  11. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Has Anybody on this site been through this and had the surgery? Did you have definitive proof that you had an infected implant? Thanks for any and all input.
  12. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Just an additional comment- I do not have minimal pain, just lessening pain. Better than 6 months ago but certainly not minimal. Swelling and redness are lessening also. It freaking me out to think I may have infection on implant, but what if all this is just normal slow healing? Thanks for any...
  13. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    I am now at 10 months and doctors thinks it’s infected- probably bacteria on the implant. Yet I have still never run a fever or had chills. No white cells in bloodwork, but elevated neutrphils in aspiration. Had intravenous antibiotics and oral afterward, which I cannot tolerate due to side...
  14. F

    Knee Infection* Infection?

    Hi everyone. I am 3 months post op on right knee TKR. Lots of pain which is gradually getting Better. Such a slow recovery! Not what I expected. Is there a way to tell if you have infection in the joint? The skin over my knee is red and slightly swollen, hot to the touch. But I have never had a...
Back
Top Bottom