Recent content by Frances101

  1. F

    THR I was doing so well

    I ran today. After dancing my socks off to rock music for a couple of hours on New Year's Eve, I got on the treadmill to see what I could do. Only slow speed, but I ran . I don't ache or have any pain anywhere.
  2. F

    THR I was doing so well

    I think I needed to ask more questions. I won't see anyone now 'til next October unless something goes wrong. I shall make a list!
  3. F

    THR I was doing so well

    @SaraK Do you know if you have a cemented or uncemented joint? I just wonder if there is a difference in the healing process
  4. F

    THR I was doing so well

    @SaraK I rather think you're right about the foot angle. I shall try the shoes again in a week or two to see if it's any different. It's still only 10 weeks since my THR, so I shall forgive my leg for giving me a fright! How is your new hip behaving?
  5. F

    THR Misty time Recovery

    Hello @mistytime , I had my THR on the same day as you. How are you doing now? I thought I had a bad time being nauseous for a few hours - I'd not have coped with the sickness. Glad that's all out of the way
  6. F

    THR I was doing so well

    To get an appointment at a particular hospital in the UK, all you have to do is persuade your GP to refer you and arrange some travel/accommodation for when you're not in the ward itself. I also had to find out when my surgeon had his clinic, so i could get an appointment with him specifically...
  7. F

    THR I was doing so well

    @mcopt I also work for myself. I wanted this done and dusted before Christmas trade took up my time and I managed that - just!
  8. F

    THR I was doing so well

    He is the best in the uk, according to his fellow surgeons, one of whom I'd met and who told me to hold out for him. I don't regret the 6 week wait, then the further 8 weeks to the surgery. I'm just so glad I live in Britain :egypdance:
  9. F

    THR I was doing so well

    @lucinda007 I only had to wait for the first appt. That was 6 weeks. At that appt the surgeon told me the date of surgery would be when he came back from his holidays! He is a top surgeon and I got his whole team on my side for the THR for free. This is why so many other countries are so envious...
  10. F

    THR I was doing so well

    No actually it was the new pair that caused the pain. The old pair of trainers stopped the pain
  11. F

    THR I was doing so well

    I made a discovery today - I can walk again! All I did was change my shoes. Such a little thing and there we are - the pain is 95% better
  12. F

    THR I was doing so well

    @MammaT He's a strange man! He refuses to consider himself disabled even though he can't walk a step without his sticks. If I suggest something sensible such as a downstairs bed, he goes crazy. "I don't need one of those! If I don't use it I'll lose it" Men! :sigh: @Layla Warm wishes to you too xx
  13. F

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Supracapsular scar at week 10. No drain and only 1 incision.
  14. F

    THR I was doing so well

    This is my beauty -
  15. F

    THR I was doing so well

    Hello @MammaT , yes, it was a right leg THR. I had a bad fall 5 years ago and after putting up with the pain I had after I'd done all the right things (rest, ice, compression) I eventually bit the bullet (4 years later) and went to my GP who sent me to get an X-ray, then referred me to the hospital.
Back
Top Bottom