Recent content by flash85

  1. flash85

    Future problem for me?

    Thank you for you view on the situation. I worked on a med-surg unit for over 20yrs. I saw a woman who's TKR got infected over 2years post op. The consequences were devasting to her. Very painful, very stressful, very time consuming including months of recovery AGAIN! I am 62yrs old and my both...
  2. flash85

    Future problem for me?

    I am not willing to take that risk by any means. I know about the blood tests, (sed rate, CBC etc) which will make one aware that there is an infection in the making but how often will that test have to be done? In my situation an infection sometimes just presents itself overnight for no reason...
  3. flash85

    Future problem for me?

    I really don't remember the story word for word that the dentist told me but I do remember him saying this guy had a choice in the process and he decided to go the long haul, something to that effect. What the choice was, I don't remember what the dentist said, he just told me about this guy...
  4. flash85

    Future problem for me?

    It isn't just a one time infection, this one is in my jaw bone. I had it removed on Tueday and the root of my tooth was literally fractured in half. That isn't a normal occurence according to my dentist. Something is going on with me. The other 8 were just random infections in my gums for no...
  5. flash85

    Future problem for me?

    I'm sorry but this is a little bit too serious an issue for me to put it out of MY head!!!! And my surgeon is now aware of and is very concerned about my situation. If you read my original thread it had nothing to do with antibiotics PRIOR to dental work but that I get infection at any time for...
  6. flash85

    Future problem for me?

    I'll make this as short as possible. Would like some opinions. In 2007 I had Gamma Knife Radiosurgery to a benign tumor in my brain. Everything went fine and I am very well today. Here is my potential problem. Since I had the Gamma Knife I have had to have 4 teeth extracted and had several gum...
  7. flash85

    scared again

    I'm from the old school. I'm one to stick with medicines that have been around and that are well established. I've seen to many bad things go on with new medicine years down the road. I've worked in hospitals my whole career and I'm a stickler for "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I will be...
  8. flash85

    scared again

    I was talking to a "friend" yesterday about my future knee surgery and she just felt the need to tell me about 2 people she knew who had died from post op blood clots (just the thing I needed to hear). Is there anyone on here who has experienced post op blood clots? I started reading up on it...
  9. flash85

    Can this be successful?

    I am wondering if I only end up getting one knee(the worse one) done first how much strain will be put on the good (haha) knee? Is it dangerous if both knees are bad?? I know I need both done but one is clearly worse than the other and I really don't think I could manage a BTKR. The better knee...
  10. flash85

    Can this be successful?

    Hi Icep707, thanks for your words of encouragement....I need them. I don't know why this is freaking me out so much nor do I know why I put it off this long. I am at the point now (bone on bone) that I just can't take anymore. I'm lucky I can walk from my car to the Walmart store entrance and if...
  11. flash85

    Can this be successful?

    My BMI is 47 Josephine.....
  12. flash85

    Can this be successful?

    Again thank you all soooo much for responding to me. I AM starting to feel a little more positive about all of it and I didn't even see the Dr. yet but I know I will need both done, not a doubt in my mind. You can all see how anxious I am over this upcoming event. LauraLeigh, I am gonna follow...
  13. flash85

    Can this be successful?

    I can say for certain that I do have my good moments and bad moments about having it done. To me they are both so bad now that I think I really haven't any choice. I would never go to the Dr. because I was so embarrassed about being so overweight. My knees have been painful since I was in my...
  14. flash85

    Can this be successful?

    I have two very painful knees that need replacing. Right is worse than the left. I really don't want to get them both done at once....I wonder if the other knee could take the strain after I get the worse one done? I am about 80lbs overweight. I'm already starting to talk myself out of getting...
  15. flash85

    Big Step for me, now big question?

    I made a big step in actually making a OS appt but actually now if I may be quite blunt, after reading this post op forum for the last couple of days I think I am not going to go through with it. I had a rt. frontal brain surgery in 06 which involved 28 staples and a 5 hr operation and to me...
Back
Top Bottom